Those in the NYC area: on a scale of 1-5, how much has Sandy affected your life?
N/A - I do not live in the area
47% (45 votes)
5 - Greatly affected my life, and continues to
15% (14 votes)
4 - Greatly affected my life, but things are getting back to normal
7% (7 votes)
3 - Mildly affected my life
11% (11 votes)
2 - Small affect on my life
14% (13 votes)
1 - Didn't affect my life whatsoever
6% (6 votes)
Total votes: 96
- Throughout my career I was constantly reminded of how little I knew. When I interviewed for the job at <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/company/goldman-sachs" target="_blank">Goldman Sachs</a></span>, as...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): Check out wilowallstreet's AMA <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/ask-an-ex-ib-md-anything">here</a>. The AMA is still live and he is actively answering any questions that you may have.</em> I learnt a lot about failure...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): #TBT Throwback Thursday - this was originally posted in 2006. To see all of our top content from the past, click <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/highest-ranked-discussions">here.</a></em> So I'm new here and spent a good deal...
- <strong>Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!</strong>: <em>Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a <a...
- You can ask me anything. I know there are probably a lot of questions you wish you could ask your boss, but can't. I was at <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-dictionary/what-is-the-bulge-bracket-BB">bulge...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-jobs">right here</a>), we would also create a WSO Applicant...
- <p>I worked as a management consultant for 4 years.</p> <p>I learned a bunch of stuff about business and strategy and operations.</p> <p>I also learned how to sound smart about something I knew nothing about, and how to use jargon to make simple things sound...
- A week ago, I began my series of posts on the drug business, starting with <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/divergence-in-the-drug-businesses-pharmaceuticals-and-biotechnology">my perspective on how the business is changing</a> and then moving on to post on...
- So, I know this doesn't go in here, but I know the Other Road won't get any views on this or very many, and its not exactly Sales and Trading. I've been working in a sales development role at a hot startup in the SaaS sphere. We are innovating and disrupting in our field, and...
- WSO is now accepting applications to be a Campus Rep at your university for the second semester of the 2015-16 school year. We currently have 52 reps signed up but would love to add 15-20 more. We are looking for motivated students with a solid work ethic and strong...
- Post any questions you may have and I'll do my best to answer! There doesn't seem to be much information on this website regarding this niche role so I'd like to just expand on this and hopefully...
- No surprise here. This trend is only going to accelerate, as hedge funds and asset management firms hire brilliant computer scientists for research and investing roles. It will be interesting to...
- I think this would be very helpful for MBA candidates. I'll shoot first . Was in Chicago visiting Kellogg and Booth, met a handful of current students (& alum) and learned something I found...
- I recently completed SA recruiting and wanted to share a few of the techniques that I utilized to become a much more effective interviewee. My background is a junior at top 5 or so target in terms of...
- Some info: Currently in my second year of university. Yes, it is an unknown program, but I'm genuinely interested in food & Agricultural business. My dream job would be to work with a Private...
- I'm going to decline an offer as a Business Analyst from McKinsey to work in tech as a PM. Though I'm not planning on it, how difficult would it be for me to reapply to McKinsey after a year or so...
- Purchase Best Quality Real and Novelty Passports,id cards,visas,drivers license,stamps,birth certificates,diploma ,Permits for all countries Are you trying to change your nationality ? do you need...
- how cash and marketable securities and debt can be taken into account when calculating WACC??
- From Bloomberg:"Many people in the sector still believe they should be paid entrepreneurial wages for turning up to work with a regular salary, a pension and probably a health-care scheme and playing...
- Could anyone provide a list of mid-tier firms (i.e. not bulge brackets) with good exposure to the oil and gas sector and with offices in London.
- Hey WSO, What would be the best method for getting a headhunter for an area in the southeast? I'm looking specifically at New Orleans, Houston, and Dallas, and really looking for either an equity...
- This is just a scenario. But is it possible for one important person (outside of that HF) to push for an otherwise terrible candidate to be hired a major HF? Have any of you heard of that happening...
- When the VIX spikes to 50+ and I think it will revert back to <20, what is the best way for me to get paid for the volatility? The head trader at my shop says to never short the VIX.
- I wanted to pose this to the group to hear others' thinking on a real-life and theoretical issue. NOPAT = $100 Debt = $500 Stockholders' Equity = $500 ROIC = 10%... simple. If all of the SE is...
- I often get asked by young students or recent graduates what books they should be reading to succeed. I was a Computer Science major from an emerging market country. I started at an Investment Bank...
Long term, which career path interests you the most?
Corporate Finance / Strategy / Development
Investment Advisor / PWM
Sales & Trading
Other Finance Role (academia, non-profit, government, legal, etc)
Other - Non Finance
Total votes: 1211