I'm going to join in all the other countless people who are making their "predictions" for 2013 and would welcome yours as well! Here we go:
- Moodys will downgrade the US in the first half of 2013 - Political deadlock and rapidly increasing debt-to-GDP along with a trillion-dollar deficit will cause Moodys to follow S&P and downgrade the US
- We will be pushed the brink of warfare between Israel and Iran around the summer - Although we will be close to war, I don't believe that Israel will have the backing of the US and will not actually do anything openly, but will continue with it's "covert" war and assassinations
- Germany will enter a recession and the Eurozone will suffer yet more turmoil, but not until the later half of the year - Policy makers and central bankers have done enough to keep people happy for a few months, but this Europe problem is nowhere near solved. Greece will move out of the spotlight and Spain / France will become more important
- RIMM will be bought out or go under - BlackBerry 10 will be a flop, the share price will plummet and there will either be a buyout by a PE firm or one of the bigger players (Nokia / Microsoft joint bid?)
- Twitter will IPO - Twitter will follow Facebook and IPO to much hype and speculation, but will have a better post-IPO performance than Facebook did.
Those are some of mine - lets hear yours!
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- Big IPOs on Tap for 2013
- Will Moody's downgrade the US?
- Moody's Downgrades Banks
- Moody's Downgrades France to Aa1
- Twitter IPO: Why a good trade be a bad investment (or vice versa)?
- The Twitter IPO: Thoughts on the IPO End Game
- Nuclear Twilight in Europe
- How I expect Germany to keep Greece in the Eurozone...