What To Expect In 2013CO
I'm going to join in all the other countless people who are making their "predictions" for 2013 and would welcome yours as well! Here we go:
- Moodys will downgrade the US in the first half of 2013 - Political deadlock and rapidly increasing debt-to-GDP along with a trillion-dollar deficit will cause Moodys to follow S&P and downgrade the US
- We will be pushed the brink of warfare between Israel and Iran around the summer - Although we will be close to war, I don't believe that Israel will have the backing of the US and will not actually do anything openly, but will continue with it's "covert" war and assassinations
- Germany will enter a recession and the Eurozone will suffer yet more turmoil, but not until the later half of the year - Policy makers and central bankers have done enough to keep people happy for a few months, but this Europe problem is nowhere near solved. Greece will move out of the spotlight and Spain / France will become more important
- RIMM will be bought out or go under - BlackBerry 10 will be a flop, the share price will plummet and there will either be a buyout by a PE firm or one of the bigger players (Nokia / Microsoft joint bid?)
- Twitter will IPO - Twitter will follow Facebook and IPO to much hype and speculation, but will have a better post-IPO performance than Facebook did.
Those are some of mine - lets hear yours!