Click here for our Asset Management forums. It is where we discuss the industry as well as different firms and groups.
These are a collection of some of the best discussions created for and replied to by members of the WSO community on the topic of [email protected] the request.. Keep in mind this is by no means a comprehensive list and reading old and current posts will help you learn more about the industry. If you think we missed one that should be included here, please e-mail
Q&A & Interview posts withprofessionals:
- The Frieds Interview, Part One (background, 7 pieces of non-target advice), Part Two (a typical day, mentorship, low/high points, New Jersey), Part Three (future, politics, "MBA Is A Joke")
- Research Associate at a Major Mutual Fund, AMA
One of WSO's top users and authors, Frieds has worked inand delivers an entertaining spin on career advice.
Research associate at a mutual fund with 100b+ AUM does an AMA, ask away!
See the full list of Q&A's & Interviews here: here.
IsRight for Me?
-Job Function: This thread starts as a discussion on when to use discount brokers, private wealth managers, and private bankers, but also gives a good idea of what exactly each type of firm does
-Which Job?: WSO users give insight on which jobs offer the best work / life balance in asset management
Getting a Job
-Certifications (Undergraduate): WSO users offer advice on certifications worth completing for asset management while an undergrad
-how the Chartered Financial Analyst, or CFA, can help your career. Note that everyone has slightly different feelings about the: This thread focuses on exactly
-Moving Up: WSO users discuss a career switch from back office to front office in asset management. Long-time WSO user jqbuyside chimes in with some very good advice.
Life in Finance
-In the Office: This discussion focuses on the amount of face time necessary in asset management if you want to fit in
-Math: WSO users discuss the levels of math needed to be successful in asset management, touching on a number of different areas
-Turnover: This thread covers turnover at pwm and private banking firms
The Best: WSO users debate the top asset management firms, and, as usual, there is no clear winner
-Starting Location: This thread touches on the best places to start a career for Asset Management, while this thread discusses the main asset management centers by city and region
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- Where can I find some of the best discussions on investment banking?
- Where can I find some of the best discussions on trading?
- Where can I find some of the best discussions on private equity?
- Where can I find some of the best discussions on hedge funds?
- Where can I find some of the best discussions on equity research?
- Where can I find some of the best discussions on venture capital?
- Where can I find some of the best discussions on corporate careers?
- Where can I find some of the best discussions on real estate?