Where can I read some of the funniest WSO threads?
As with theand CPA, the Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) designation will not get you a job by itself. The designation is geared towards people interested in a career in alternative investments ( and hedge funds are a couple of industries where it is respected, as well as by funds-of-funds or FoFs). However, due to its recent entry into the world of finance certifications, it will not hold as much weight as a . While the knowledge gained from studying for the CAIA will be applicable to what you are doing, the is more well-known and a designation secured by many in the alternative investment industry. As far as certifications go, the would be the best place to start early in your career, and the CAIA will be more helpful after a few years' experience.
Relevant Discussions on Wall Street Oasis:
- CAIA vs. CFA
- Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst
- CAIA & CFA
- What is better,
- Certifications: Do I need to pass the CFA to get a job?
- Certifications: Will the CPA Designation Add to My Resume?
- Search WSO for "CAIA"
- Relevant WSO Forums: Get a Job
- Relevant WSO Guides: A Look Behind the Wall: An Overview of Six Wall Street Career Paths and Networking Guide
- Relevant WSO Services: Finance Resume Review