2024 MS First-Year Enhancement Program?

Haven't seen a thread for this year's MS enhancement program. I got an automatic HireVue as soon as submitting - is this normal? Any tips on the kinds of questions I might get or how best to prepare? Thanks in advance!

Ah, the Morgan Stanley First-Year Enhancement Program! Based on the most helpful WSO content, it's not unusual to receive a HireVue invitation shortly after submitting your application. This seems to be a common practice among big banks like Morgan Stanley to streamline the initial stages of the recruitment process.

As for tips on the kinds of questions you might get, here's what I can share:

• Research Morgan Stanley: Understand their values, recent deals, and culture. This will help you tailor your answers to align with their expectations.
  • Practice Behavioral Questions: Be ready to discuss your experiences, challenges you've faced, and how you've overcome them. Reflect on your teamwork, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
  • Technical Prep: If it's for a role that requires financial knowledge, brush up on the basics of finance and accounting.
  • Mock Interviews: Use HireVue's unlimited practice trials to get comfortable with the format. Record yourself to review your answers and body language.
  • Stay Calm and Confident: Remember, you have a retry attempt for each question, so don't panic if you need a second go.

For the specific questions, while I don't have the exact ones for the 2024 program, previous HireVue interviews have included questions about recent transactions of interest and times when the candidate noticed something wrong in a team or project and how they addressed it.

Prepare well, and good luck! Remember, every banana was once green before it became the perfect yellow, so give yourself time to ripen your skills and knowledge before the interview.

Sources: https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forum/investment-banking/goldman-sachs-investment-banking-summer-analyst-hirevue-overview?customgpt=1, MS Sophomore Summer 2023 HireVue, https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forum/investment-banking/morgan-stanley-2020-sa-hirevue-questions?customgpt=1, 2020 Goldman Sachs Exploratory Program HireVue question., Goldman Sachs HireVue - Automatic?

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Veritatis optio laudantium architecto maiores. Dignissimos tenetur eos quae corrupti ut. Recusandae ea temporibus laudantium error fugiat. Eligendi ratione magnam ratione voluptatum omnis alias. Vitae aut consequatur qui incidunt aut a ea.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”