Deutsche Bank outlook London 2023/2024

I heard DB has been hiring aggressively in their IBD with numerous senior bankers from other banks joining, notably from CS. CEO has outlined its ambition to invest in the investment banking business and become a major player in Europe.

What do you think of this move? For people currently working in the industry in London, have you seen DB becoming more active when it comes to pitches or live deals? Also, given that Barclays is currently struggling and UBS not really committed to IB, will DB become the next main European investment bank? Curious to hear your thoughts.

Based on the most helpful WSO content, Deutsche Bank (DB) has indeed been showing signs of resilience and ambition in the investment banking sector. They've been emphasizing their liquidity and the high margins in their investment banking division. They've also been clear that they're not worried about the cost of new hires, as they're more concerned about the cost of paying senior positions like MDs.

As for their standing in the European market, there's been some speculation that Barclays, despite its current struggles, might emerge as a strong contender due to its strong US franchise. However, if DB continues to invest and grow in the way it has been, it could certainly position itself as a major player in the European investment banking scene.

As for their activity in pitches or live deals, I don't have specific information on that. However, given their aggressive hiring and investment in the sector, it wouldn't be surprising if they're becoming more active.

Remember, this is just my take based on the WSO Dataset. The financial landscape can change quickly, and it's always a good idea to keep an eye on the latest news and developments.

Sources: Investment Banks in 10 years - Ranking, Is it crazy to take an offer from Deutsche Bank, Is it really THAT bad with Deutsche Bank & UBS?, Deutshce Bank - IB and CB

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Most Helpful

Agree that UBS is not backing out from IB. CS guys give new potential to the firm. But yea I believe in DB and never understood all the bs around them. Still solid platform overall with strong IBD legacy and can easily attract quality bankers. Getting stronger in the UK with Numis. BNP is another interesting one but with a lot more work to be done

No, DB will not overtake Barclays as the number one European bank any time soon. Things are looking brighter for DB recently, but not anywhere near enough to make up such big ground.

Ipsa ut et corporis numquam in dolor velit. Et dolore nostrum voluptatum non modi quisquam.

Quo placeat eveniet illum et voluptatem. Autem nulla eum accusantium distinctio ex similique. Explicabo voluptas labore atque asperiores consequuntur. Debitis consectetur maiores necessitatibus expedita. Molestiae molestiae quo quas qui saepe id quaerat. In consequatur doloremque est quos dolores. Accusantium est accusamus eum modi culpa asperiores cupiditate magnam.

Qui ut labore assumenda soluta. Magnam voluptatem placeat cum sunt ea mollitia libero.

Quod magnam porro voluptas amet incidunt. Est quis et dolorem rerum aspernatur. Deserunt sed consectetur doloremque reiciendis. Eos distinctio omnis dolor ad est porro.

Career Advancement Opportunities

June 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners New 98.9%
  • Lazard Freres 01 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 24 97.7%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 19 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.9%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 97.7%
  • Moelis & Company 01 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.9%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners 18 98.3%
  • Goldman Sachs 16 97.7%
  • Moelis & Company 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (22) $375
  • Associates (93) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (69) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (206) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (149) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”