Retail Cap Rate - Grocery anchored, 100% occupied, 10 years of WALT, top of market rents, 175k SF, 3% escalations, NNN, national tenants, popular retail corridor

What type of cap rate would you ascribe to something like this? It seems like the best of the best type of center. 

Do you have any examples nationally that have closed at a 6 or close to it? We closed one at 6.75% that was similar to this center but not quite as good. Maybe B- if the center I'm describing is A+

Or could you share what types of returns you think people would require for something like this?

would want to know the quality of the rent roll and rents relative to market - given SF you could have one strong anchor and a bunch of smaller tenants vs. a few strong anchors, but given your WALT i’m guessing it’s closer to the latter (which would have it trade tighter)

finger in the wind but i’d probably say somewhere in the 6s, maybe trades wider if it’s in a A- / B+ market or if it has something funky to it. there’s a ton of money flowing into the grocery retail trade, esp for institutional quality assets with top credit tenancy

High quality tenants from national/regional brands. Oddly enough, most of the inline tenants have 10 year leases as well as the anchors which are between 10-15 years. This is brand new construction but the rents are at top of market. It just seems like a cash cow with minimal to no additional capital needed for the next decade.

Most Helpful

got it - definitely would trade in the 6s, probably in the low 6s if it's a strong market. so long as there's a desirable grocer + a few strong non-grocery anchors I don't see why people wouldn't scoop this up in the 6.5 cap rate range, especially if it's a high growth / A+ market

only way I would see this trade wider is if some key anchors perform poorly and/or rents are way way above market. either one would cause occupancy costs to spiral out of control and increase early vacate risk. in that case smart buyers will either underwrite rent cuts or additional TI payments as inducements for tenants to renew, which would obviously put a cap on pricing

but given new construction / minimal foreseeable capex spend and high WALT, some buyer out there will scoop this up (and likely overpay) for the perceived stability

Sed delectus similique et voluptatem atque magnam non. Alias culpa amet eos rerum placeat in distinctio. Et nemo assumenda nulla accusamus et et. Eaque similique cumque perspiciatis debitis.

Error error modi est in ad soluta. Et sunt nulla necessitatibus doloribus dolores voluptas. Ducimus sint eligendi quos adipisci laudantium autem. Magni unde nihil reiciendis consectetur aperiam dolores aut.

Consequatur culpa sequi ducimus rem illum quia. Velit aut non quaerat sint. Sunt dolor est eum quod. Praesentium omnis excepturi explicabo voluptas vitae est.

Nesciunt sunt dolorem earum quo. Illum dolorem alias qui non. Quia quia officia voluptatem enim et dolorem. Nemo earum voluptates cum et consequatur atque.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”