Just discovered this helpful website; any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
-Graduated Boston University School of Management ('02) w/ Concentration in Finance. 3.0 GPA.
-Analyst at Thomson Financial for 1 year
-Analyst (promoted to Senior) at a middle-market M&A boutique for 3 years
-Left boutique and spent 1 year teaching English abroad
-Now 28 years old looking for IB position while jobless
-Apply for 2nd-3rd year analyst at BB or Boutique? (Been difficult to get foot back in door...am I too old??)
-Apply for corporate finance job (got offer at Disney...should I take??), get MBA, enter BB or Boutique as an Associate?
-Apply for Big 4 job (currently interviewing at KPMG - Valuation), get MBA, enter BB or Boutique as an Associate?
If I decide to go with one of last two options, how many years before I apply for B-school? Assuming I work for 2 years, and 2 years of b-school...I'll be 32 when applying to IB's...will I be an old fart???
Sorry for long post...I'm sorta frustrated and lost on which path to take...
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- How difficult is for a 32 year-old man to begin a finance career?
- 4-year-old GMAT Scores
- Job Prospects for a 25 year old CPA in New York City?
- Some advice for a 17 year old...
- Advice for 18-year-old
- Making a Move from IT to Finance at 34 Years Old
- Graduating in only 3 years...what is my status while applying for junior summer internship programs?
- Am I too old to be a first year analyst?