Advice for Sophomore Interning at Boeing Gold Care Division Summer 2016/ next steps

Hey everyone,

I am just looking for some advice. I landed an internship for this next summer at Boeing's Gold Care division up in Seattle as a business/operations analyst.

Has anyone worked in this division of Boeing before? I heard this division is quite new (4-5 years old), and has a more "startup" feel to it (at least compare to the rest of Boeing) and that the managers are pushing for double digit growth for this year. It looks like the market for Fleet Management Services in regards to commercial airliners is ballooning, and can end up being quite a bit more profitable in the long run compared to the manufacturing side of building aircraft.

Just looking for some more information about this particular industry segment, and any other advice you guys may have.

Eventually, my goal is to land a job as a Strategy Consultant out of undergrad and am wanting some advice on what my next internship should be for my summer of 2017. I am attending one of PwC's elevate programs before I start my internship at Boeing, and one of my professors is putting me in contact with some boutique strategy firms up in the Seattle area. I am also in contact with a local early stage VC fund and am trying to see if I can do an unpaid internship during the school year.

My other activities include being a tech equities analyst for our school's investment group, an analyst for our seed accelerator program, performing research and writing a paper for a student based academic journal, and spearheading a STEM based experiential learning program in my local community.

GPA is a 3.75 (but from a generic state school)

Thanks

Best Response

Are you stuck in Seattle? If so, Boeing may be the best you can do. It's a great company (for sure), but you'd have many more options in a major market. Starbucks might be ok, but you're slanging coffee in a mature market.

If you want to stay in Seattle, your plan is good. Be a whore and get as much money as you can for a FT offer - go from there. Eventually, if you want to leave, you can leverage that for better offers in other markets. If not, retire early in Coeur d'Alene and live a reasonable life shooting skeets by the airport (not a bad life, I fantasize about doing it). Seattle's ok but there are limited options. Are Portland and SF not something you are down with?

I would be down to go anywheres (Boston, Chicago, New York, San Francisco, etc) It's just that all of my connections currently are in the Seattle/Portland area.

My school really isn't that well connected outside of the PNW except for finance/ IB

Qui porro et ab quos a placeat et. Soluta sed quaerat enim recusandae. Quam tempore error labore quae tenetur quia. Qui possimus vitae ut omnis temporibus velit. Ad excepturi enim velit enim assumenda nulla.

Laboriosam quo provident non labore enim placeat sit. In consequatur voluptatem et modi sequi ex aut. Aperiam ad est vel aperiam doloribus. Ratione quis qui reprehenderit est labore. Ut est tempora omnis consequatur. Ut et et aut enim. Voluptatem et dolorum repellendus harum consectetur ea.

Rerum cum aut debitis fugiat. Omnis dolor explicabo soluta quia debitis saepe. Dolores molestiae sunt quo id incidunt quia. Aliquam repudiandae magnam harum voluptates.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”