All the banks who bet against sub prime mortgages by buying credit default swaps CDS for short made a ton of money by betting against the failure of the housing market. I see the same thing happening in Europe and the United States of America. But since America has much bigger odds I bet I can make a fortune if I bet against it.
Everything about America looks just like the housing market and sub prime loans before the collapse in 2008. We are at a crossroads right now like we were in 2007 before the bubble burst. But the national debt bubble is much bigger and America is so much bigger than that housing market.
Right now everyone is happy about the debt ceiling which is perfect for betting against America. Obama believes in spending out of a recession and he wants to expand welfare programs. He wants to pass out Dream Acts while he dismantles the immigration laws. He is spending like a drunken sailor with 15 credit cards. He is encouraging every program that will cause the debt bubble to burst.
Mark my word the bubble will burst and I want to cash in on it. Is there insurance against US Treasury bills? Something like a credit default swap.
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- How to bet against US treasuries w/o an ETF
- how to make money in stock market: real tips that work
- Does anyone have suggestions on how to research some of the lesser known PE firms- middle market.
- William Cohan, Bond Market & betting that the US won't default
- The futures & options markets are no longer viable. It is my recommendation that ALL customers withdraw from all of the markets
- What are the factors that determine the short tern trend of a stock?
- THE CINDY SHEARIN's Winning Formula: Assess. Stage. Prepare. Market. Sold.
- Comp negotiation for market risk analyst for power/gas? Benchmarks to compare against?