Best Response
AstonMartin:
How do people justify spending that kind of money on a car that basically looks the same as the 911 carrera (which is 1/3 of the price)

I know the engine is nice but...

The GT2 name carries a lot of weight and has a big reputation to uphold among Porsche motorsport fans. The Renn Sport (RS) association also indicates that it's a track focused car, thus echelons (in theory) above any other Porsche (GT3RS aside) so the pricing is adequate. Don't be deceived by looks either, it has far more grunt than any Ferrari or Lamborghini of late (assuming you drive with the TCS and ESC aides off).

Plus, it's the new flagship car by Porsche replacing the 997.2 GT3RS or 997 GT2 depending on how you want to classify Porsche's flagship lineup.

Porsche has also been using that engine setup for a while now, dating back to the Le Mans winning Porsche 911 GT1.

In 1976, James Hunt broke the sound barrier through Eau Rouge only to retire before the event finished... following the race he had sex with three Belgian nurses at the clubhouse near La Source.

James Hunt:
AstonMartin:
How do people justify spending that kind of money on a car that basically looks the same as the 911 carrera (which is 1/3 of the price)

I know the engine is nice but...

The GT2 name carries a lot of weight and has a big reputation to uphold among Porsche motorsport fans. The Renn Sport (RS) association also indicates that it's a track focused car, thus echelons (in theory) above any other Porsche (GT3RS aside) so the pricing is adequate. Don't be deceived by looks either, it has far more grunt than any Ferrari or Lamborghini of late (assuming you drive with the TCS and ESC aides off).

Plus, it's the new flagship car by Porsche replacing the 997.2 GT3RS or 997 GT2 depending on how you want to classify Porsche's flagship lineup.

Porsche has also been using that engine setup for a while now, dating back to the Le Mans winning Porsche 911 GT1.

Spot on. +1 SB.

A guy I know recently bought (err, ordered) one of these, although I think he's already taken delivery of it. It sole purpose, in his mind, is for the track. Him and his older brother travel around and do track events as a hobby. I was told his brother owns a Porsche (GT3RS, I believe) that isn't street legal and is housed at some Porsche facility in CT (or somewhere around there) and that it gets shipped to the different track events he decides to go to. Expensive cars to say the least but the crazy part is the amount of money they spend for maintenance and repairs every track day, specifically tires. Not my cup of tea for the money, but I wouldn't turn down taking it for a spin.

Regards

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

Aut nihil tenetur excepturi temporibus vero quia sed. Est minus voluptatem pariatur delectus et velit. Provident doloremque repudiandae ducimus vel. Aut alias cumque iste deserunt sunt.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”