Long time reader, first time poster. I searched around for some information, but just wanted some solid advice on my case in regards to Accounting experience applying for MBB and top 2nd tier (Oliver Wymen, Booz) summer intern
I'm a rising junior at a top public ugrad bschool (Haas, Ross, Stern) double degree in Business and Psychology with 3.7 GPA, ACT 33 (Math 36), sophomore internship at Deloitte and Ernst&Young (both in Audit), and President of a nonprofit international service club on campus (Kiwanis, Rotary, Amnesty) + other ECs.
With that said, I want to know if my stats are good enough to get shortlisted for interviews? And at this point, is it recommended that I network more via alumnus, study more cases, or try and get a Fall internship in a boutique consulting firm
I would appreciate any feedback you may have, and thank you in advance!
P.S. I think I have a pretty good pitch on Why Consulting from Accounting to explain the move.
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- Mckinsey/Bain/BCG Corporate Finance Practice Interview
- McKinsey Implementation Practice??
- McKinsey or other MBB Case/Interview Practice
- Where do you find practice cases?
- McKinsey Consulting vs. McKinsey Research (possible backdoor???)
- Getting an Interview with McKinsey
- How often do you get a case that's purely numbers?
- Info on Mckinsey, Bain, BCG in BRAZIL