Senior UG, just received IB offer, need Bschool advice
Hey guys and gals,
I am a senior finance student at a non-target state school. I just accepted an offer from a MM. I have decided that I'm not going to do the before my IB job. Here is the relevant info:
- 3.7 Cumulative
- Leadership in fraternity
- Interned / worked at lawfirm
- Investment Management experience (Worked in 2 student managed funds in college - one equity, one fixed income)
I would like to keep the option of attending a top tier Bschool (Think H/S/W) open. I know that I will need a 700+ GMAT, but I would like some advice on some of the other things relevant to Bschool applications. If I like IB I wouldn't mind staying, but I am also very interested in PE. Here are some of the considerations:
- 2 year IB program, stay for 3rd, move to associate -> apply to MBA ?
- 2 year IB program, stay/leave for 3rd, move to PE for 2 years -> apply to MBA ?
- Outside of work, what makes your app standout? (Community service / entrepreneurship?)
- Any other advice to keep in mind over my next 3-5 years for a top MBA
I know getting into a Bschool of H/S/W caliber is very challenging, so I want to start planning early. Thanks for any advice, I really appreciate it!