WSO Conference-goers: what's the #1 benefit you hope to receive from attending?
Networking / career advancement
31% (42 votes)
Learn some great advice from our main speaker Josh Rosenbaum
7% (10 votes)
Fraternize with fellow WSO members
18% (25 votes)
Get your photo taken with a monkey
15% (21 votes)
What conference?! I still need to buy my ticket...
21% (29 votes)
7% (9 votes)
Total votes: 136
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): Throwback Thursday - This was a originally posted June 2012</em> So the <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/searching-for-a-summer-internship">interns</a></span> are out in full...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): Check out wilowallstreet's AMA <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/ask-an-ex-ib-md-anything">here</a>. The AMA is still live and he is actively answering any questions that you may have.</em> I learnt a lot about failure...
- <strong>Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!</strong>: <em>Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a <a...
- You can ask me anything. I know there are probably a lot of questions you wish you could ask your boss, but can't. I was at <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-dictionary/what-is-the-bulge-bracket-BB">bulge...
- Confidence matters. Often it matters more than whether or not you’re actually qualified. Hewlett Packard discovered this years ago… They were researching the discrepancy between men and women in upper management. Sexism was certainly a potential factor. But they found another factor...
- In the forums I see a lot of questions and comments contrasting banking and the buy-side. It seems many of you are thinking about all the right topics, and I want to share with you some of my insights from my own career at Goldman and Carlyle as well as from working with clients on both...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-jobs">right here</a>), we would also create a WSO Applicant...
- WSO is excited to have the experts from Accepted.com on board to answer applicant questions in the business school forum. Here is a message from Natalie who will be checking this thread every few days to make sure she is staying on top of questions: I'm here to answer any questions you...
- I mentioned a while back my transition from various <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-dictionary/what-is-the-back-office-BO">back office</a></span>/support roles to the <span...
- So, I know this doesn't go in here, but I know the Other Road won't get any views on this or very many, and its not exactly Sales and Trading. I've been working in a sales development role at a hot startup in the SaaS sphere. We are innovating and disrupting in our field, and...
- Good afternoon Monkeys, I just received news that I have a 1st round interview with Goldman Sachs for their Strats group. My understanding is that it is a general interview for Stats (not for desk,...
- I'm a freshman at UNC right now, and I'm looking to pursue NYC IB. Will having a low SAT math score (630) hurt me? I'm good at math, I got all As in advanced/AP math classes in high school, and I...
- Hello all, I am a senior at a public business school. I would say it is one of the strongest undergraduate targets in the Midwest. Recently, I was offered two positions: one with Deloitte as a...
- Anyone got thoughts on how the two programmes compare, or more broadly how you would rank the two banks in London?
- First year analyst at a BB. I recently took some time off to come home for Thanksgiving. While I'm here I decided to catch up with an associate who used to be in my group; we're from the same area...
- anyone have any insight in what it is like to work at a firm that invests via a separate account with an investment manager? i recently interviewed at a large institution that is investing from it'...
- Hey Guys, I guess I posted this in the wrong forum before. So after a really long and stressful recruiting season, I was lucky enough to secure a FT position at a very small PE FoF through ocr. I...
- I've been exploring the WSO CRE forum for the past few weeks and wanted to ask a question with my first post about potential exit ops for the job I have lined up. Currently in my final year at a non-...
- I have read a lot of old threads, but I still can't decide. Should I take an offer from BAML capital markets (ECM/DCM) or should I keep interviewing? Any OCR for my school is finished. The only...
- I worked as a management consultant for 4 years. I learned a bunch of stuff about business and strategy and operations. I also learned how to sound smart about something I knew nothing about, and how...
- So I just received an email from Citi and they want me to speak with an executive recruiter this afternoon. I finished my onsite interview yesterday. What does it mean? Are they going to talk about...
- For those of you who are familiar with my views, I'm an unapologetic conservative and have been very critical of race hustlers and SJWs. However, the line between racist statements/acts and...
- Just wanted to hear some opinions on the pros and cons of going into banking first versus joining Ares / SLP / Apollo straight out of undergrad.
- Most people in the industry know that a good chunk of funds blow up when they scale up from $100 million to $500 million AUM. I was wondering if there are any studies out there that actually break...
- I was told there will be 6 interviews before going into it but half way though the day, they told me the rest of the interviewer won't be able to make it today... GS typically has 2 rounds for their...
Long term, which career path interests you the most?
Corporate Finance / Strategy / Development
Investment Advisor / PWM
Sales & Trading
Other Finance Role (academia, non-profit, government, legal, etc)
Other - Non Finance
Total votes: 1164