New WSO Internship: Video/Slideshow Editing WhizO
WSO is looking for someone who can start ASAP that has experience with video editing and slideshow creation to help us create promotional materials for the 2013 WSO Conference.
The internship is unpaid, but tangible/intangible benefits you will receive are listed below. You will be working remotely and communicating with Patrick and I throughout the term of the project via skype/email/chat.
Create several high quality promotional videos and slideshows (combined with music) from our raw footage (photos and videos) from the previous WSO Conference. You can see the photos that you would be working with here. The programs that you use to create the promo material is up to you, all that matters is the final product. More information will be given during the interview process.
- Start date: ASAP
- Internship term: Depends on your availability and the speed that you're able to do the work. We would like to have this completed in the next few weeks
- We am very flexible in allowing for time off for mid-terms/finals/job interviews/vacation etc
Tangible Benefits for you after the project has been completed:
- Free access to all WSO Guides
- Free access to WSO job board for one year
- Free ticket to the conference (June 29, 2013)
- Free basic * (*depends on the reviewers availability, but we have been able to help all so far with this)
- I will make myself available to you for any questions you have regarding the site, content, etc. . My background is not in finance so I cannot help with this, but I do know people who I can refer you to
- Patrick** and I are happy to assist you with your career in the future - i.e. give recommendations / referrals etc
To Apply, email me ([email protected])
- Your resume
- A brief write up of your experience with creating videos and video editing + a link to any samples of work you have done
- Your availability over the next few weeks
If qualified I will follow up with you about setting up a phone call.
**Additional info from Patrick:
Putting "Wall Street Oasis" on their resume when they are trying to break onto Wall Street is a nice experience to have, even if it is just 1-2 bullets - it looks like the perfect internship, in a time when it is damn hard to find relevant experience. For many of our previousthe internship experience has helped them tremendously.
And if they do a good job, I am willing to serve as a personal reference for thethat show a dedication to WSO and help us move forward. I can vouch that they busted their ass and are hard workers - exactly what banks are looking for. I wrote a great endorsement for a previous intern on LinkedIn, the intern that built our entire finance dictionary from scratch and did an amazing job. He now has me as a personal reference any time he is applying for jobs because he went above and beyond my expectations.