I’m feeling a little under the weather monkeys, so instead of my usual rant, I figured I’ll just give you guys a little weekend reading. Hope you like it. Enjoy.
• The Rotten Heart of Finance (The Economist) – probably the best article about the scandal so far. Anyone think is gonna survive this? To say that this thing won’t end well would be a spectacular understatement.
• Ten Steps One Should Take To Become A Successful Speculator, from Victor Neiderhoffer (Daily Speculations) – this probably isn’t for everyone, but nevertheless, I think this should be made required reading for anyone interested in .
• The Businessweek) – VS Google VS Microsoft VS Apple VS FB? This should be interesting. I’ll bet my bonus that FB’s gonna get creamed on this one though, there's just no way they could compete with the others in that space.Smartphone Launches Tech’s Costliest War (
• 10 Signs of Economic Trouble That China’s Official Data Won’t Tell (Alsosprachanalyst) – China’s been making a lot of weird moves lately. According to this, that's because things are starting to get ugly there.
• John Paulson’s Very Bad Year (Businessweek) – another look at our favorite poor little rich boy.
• How Hedge Funds Analyze Your Earnings Calls (IR Web Report) – interesting article on how some funds go the extra mile to read between the lines. Personally I think this is a waste of money but then again I’m no Stevie Cohen.
• Tudor Returns to Its Roots (Institutional Investor) – an oldie but a goodie about PTJ. The man’s a stud.
• William Johnson bags $44 mil for a single day’s work (Huff Post) – I’ll be the first to admit that if I had that chance, I’d jump on that cash so fast it’ll make your head spin. But c’mon guys, isn’t this just a little, wrong?
• Story Of A Speculator (Trading Pit Blog) – cool story about Arthur Cutten, one of Jesse Livermore’s main rivals and the single largest speculator on the CBOT (the government had to set position limits because of this guy). It’s a little longer than the rest at 88 pages, but all in all it’s a pretty good read.
• Dog Bites off Rapists Dick (The Sunday World) – rapist kicks dog in the head, dog takes away his manhood. Nuff said. I vote that this should be made mandatory punishment for rapists and child molesters. You?
Okay, that’s it for me today monkeys. Here’s my clip of the week:
Ruskies are cray man. Can't believe he actually survived this.
Bonus clip: Pacquaio VS Mayweather
Enjoy your weekend monkeys! Have a good one.