BAML 2019 SA Megathread

Hey! I haven't seen a megathread for BAML 2019 SA yet, so here it is. BAML applications open July 1st. Post here if you have any updates!

I think you only get the Online Assessment if you apply to a position outside of the U.S.A. I took it for DCM in London and it is all behavioural multiple choice questions. Think "Your manager approaches you to do x what do you do "

My Brother. My Captain. My King.

Yes, you should have done it in the application there was a section where you had to answer two questions. I applied to two programs in London and both of them asked for 2 written answers each.

My Brother. My Captain. My King.

You applied for two? I was wondering how many programs should I apply to concerning this Please note the maximum number of applications per applicant is 6 - 3 U.S. & Canada, 1 EMEA, 2 APAC visible on every page.

Hey man, just as an FYI I reached out to an alum and told him that I actually had offers already. He reached out to HR, then got a Hirevue and a Superday invite the day after

I read on the FAQ page that we can only 'apply to one office and one division every year'. It's a bit confusing since I saw a couple of you here submitted several applications. What is the actual maximum number of apps we get and how is it spread over different regions? Thanks!

Just took the online assessment and completed 3 sections. I saw on the online portal though that we have to "complete FOUR sections." Anyone else get only 3 sections or know what's up?

I would assume if there is such a large time in between apps and hirevues, then they would be given out somewhat selectively—given that the opposite is true for places like JPM and MS that will send you a hirevue after like 48 hours.

MD said they are done at many schools. Can anyone confirm the schools that are done?

“How do you measure yourself against other golfers” “By height”

Those of you who have received Hirevues can you let us know which division, we’re all anxiously waiting to see if we should be expecting the good or the bad, thank you!

Talked to Recruiter, Hirevues are now being sent out on a rolling basis, Superdays in late August. Non-core process/superdays to take place in September.

Most Helpful

Okay y'all this whole website is supposed to be about helping each other and sharing information, yet no one wants to cough up the questions... I did BAML IBD hirevue and probably will not be receiving further communication because I went in blind and I'm bad at hirevues. I have died on the BAML cross so that you all may have a shot. Here they are, more broad and less nuanced because I don't remember every detail but these should help:

1. Tell me about yourself
  2. I honestly do not remember this one that much but pretty sure it's something about initiative.
  3. Tell me about a development in the news that affects markets/your role
  4. Tell me about a time you had to learn a new skill quickly to perform
  5. Tell me about how you approached a situation in which you had to make a decision based off little information or data.

I wish y'all the best

Are these hirevues all for NY? Did anyone receive hirevues for Palo Alto office or Chicago office? Also how many tries did you get on the hirevues?

Qui nam nihil dicta dolorem sit. Iste non et et voluptas. Ducimus est ab porro deserunt accusantium ab sit. Autem cum deleniti ullam voluptate quia.

At dolores aut cum dignissimos et et. Veritatis debitis nam accusantium sed facere saepe rem culpa. Aspernatur voluptas blanditiis nam totam magni sint. Consequatur qui et qui dignissimos nemo impedit necessitatibus occaecati. Adipisci aspernatur iusto minima accusantium tenetur blanditiis.

Officia laboriosam omnis ab. Non inventore ad esse rerum quos. Dignissimos quo labore non maiores laudantium quo.

Perspiciatis nobis et neque voluptatum consequatur. Provident et nam eaque id consequatur harum. Consequatur aut beatae id reprehenderit totam. Ut asperiores nihil et praesentium praesentium et. Molestias officia deleniti nihil ex modi animi deleniti.

Dolorem minus omnis sit. Esse quia aliquam nisi. Consequatur culpa omnis voluptatibus sint repellendus.

Quis voluptates laborum velit at perspiciatis et. Voluptatum laudantium ea veritatis tempora voluptas molestiae. Provident dolorem sed expedita aliquam nesciunt molestias expedita est. Nulla maxime quae qui neque dolorem deleniti sit optio. In occaecati fugiat modi quia ullam. Quis et est deleniti nostrum.

Dicta assumenda porro sit et. Tempora error ducimus illum a ipsa dicta deleniti. Quia sapiente qui sed eum. Incidunt soluta cum tempore velit eaque sint et. Suscipit sequi qui dolorum. Quaerat consequatur sit nostrum dolorum est.

Quis natus iure porro laudantium pariatur delectus. Incidunt quia voluptatem quia necessitatibus alias facere sit. Ut tempora rerum illo pariatur sunt dolores.

Aspernatur ut id at saepe inventore. Aspernatur asperiores pariatur unde in animi distinctio. Asperiores similique voluptatibus assumenda perferendis.

Qui deleniti minus quo sed tenetur culpa consequatur. Voluptas amet est voluptatem dolorum porro ut quo.

Atque ratione quia sed necessitatibus saepe natus. Architecto ut excepturi ratione. Similique necessitatibus repellat delectus qui.

Quidem et est nobis dolor voluptatem est. Magni perferendis quos iste autem veritatis. Sit totam ad enim nisi veritatis quae. Nisi vitae cumque voluptas et modi harum sunt. Rerum amet ut neque facilis non non. Doloremque nostrum repellendus est saepe.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 18 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (90) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”