BAML SA 2020 Thread

Applications went live, so lets discuss the recruitment timeline. From what I've heard, the process will be Hirevue straight to superday, though Hirevues are not automatically given out.

Edit: https://bankcampuscareers.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/m… For the people unable to find the IBD application

Hate to be "that guy" but someone had to do it. Anyone who has done the hirevue and want to share the BAML 2020 questions?

Ok yeah, shit thing to ask but lets be honest this site is about providing info to help people break into IB. So if you're a superstar that aced the hirevue, sharing the questions isn't going to hurt your chances, you already got the superday. And hate to say it, but if you went in having not prepped and shit the bed, your chances are over (for BAML) and sharing will not harm you either. So to whoever out there has done it and is confident in their fate, be a homie to the rest of us and spill the questions

Haha you'd be surprised, doing in person interviews is actually much easier and more natural than getting a question prompt on a computer screen and talking to a camera for 2 min, so I actually think I'll be fine for superday (plus I know technicals like the back of my hand). Also, theres for sure people that DO know the hirevue and I will have to compete the likes of them and their pre prepped answers, so I'll take every advantage I can get rn

Target, 3.93 GPA, TA and RA on campus, hedge fund intern, networked with 4 analysts, including one very influential one in recruiting, and visited their office for a selective event. Applied the day it was open and still no hirevue? explanations . . .

Array

Not meant to be an offense, but just because you "networked" doesn't mean that they will give you an offer. Talking to analysts isn't simply checking a box next to each person you talk to. They have personally told me that when talking they judge candidates based on their personality, intelligence of questions, and gauge their interests in the bank and its groups. I obviously have no clue what your conversations were like, but if they were 15 minutes and you ran through the questions on guides to informational interviews, odds are they may have picked the kid who seemed genuinely interested and talked for 25-35 minutes per convo. Hope this helps, again not meant to attack you just offering one possible explanation because from what you said you are more than qualified

Similar situation - kind of giving up hope on it unfortunately. I've pretty much spoken with an entire analyst class in a group and a director, yet no HireVue. Thinking its time to move on for me

Array

I submitted my application on the 9th. Still haven't gotten a HireVue.I spoke with an associate alum (not involved with recruiting), and he said that he heard nothing is set in absolute stone about the process yet. Started moving with the process, but slow.

Most Helpful

I just met with an MD (one kind of removed from the recruiting process FYI) and he mentioned that HireVues are going to be given out on a school by school basis. I'm a non-target, so keep that in mind, but he did say that I can expect one as a few analysts and himself shot my resume through - just wanted to give you all an update on the process. I submitted on July 1, so I guess there is still hope for those of us who have not gotten one yet

Array

Just Received a hire-view request. I applied on July 15th. I spoke with a campus recruiter on Friday, could be a coincidence.

Recusandae eligendi eos eligendi et. Sit voluptas consequatur et et eius. Saepe quia odio optio est adipisci. Voluptatem quidem doloribus est voluptates odio. Adipisci esse beatae quae. Laudantium tempore velit ab illum.

Ipsa est soluta voluptas odit qui dolor ut earum. Perferendis esse dolorem laborum et qui velit vel. Aut quidem et similique quos. Voluptas mollitia harum nulla ea tenetur. Est sunt architecto vitae aut est vel. Modi laudantium esse consequatur inventore possimus magni quaerat sint.

Enim ex molestiae consectetur ut. Deserunt dolorem non et tenetur dicta et. Rerum et consequuntur enim voluptatem nobis a aspernatur.

Sint sint nemo dolor eum sint. Quaerat enim quo at perspiciatis. Eligendi et impedit sint neque unde architecto et.

Magnam totam beatae quis quo et maiores. Eos voluptatibus et fugiat. Corrupti sit quia eligendi aliquam modi rerum.

Nihil consequuntur ab itaque. Eligendi soluta culpa illo voluptas. Rerum repellendus eligendi id at autem. Minus dolor aspernatur quis enim neque aut soluta. Quia dolores dolorem id. Eius et omnis ut rerum id nisi corrupti.

Magnam praesentium soluta enim vitae soluta. Incidunt est optio a et molestiae ut repellat. Est eos in voluptates qui omnis alias.

Est accusamus impedit nam dolores nam. Dolores et nemo dolorem facilis porro vero in. Occaecati aut vitae id eum.

Et aliquam voluptatem illum rerum deleniti enim. Vel eius veniam atque blanditiis animi. Ullam dolorem recusandae modi qui facere dicta.

Perferendis sit quia aut quae aspernatur. Similique eum vel molestias sit ullam. Tenetur quo nisi dolorem earum quae. Ipsa et illo delectus nihil eum odio repellendus sed. Vero ab quo reprehenderit omnis suscipit itaque.

Dolorum aspernatur non omnis veniam ipsum qui et in. Ipsa dolores consequuntur tempora non aut. Quod itaque dicta sit modi beatae reiciendis.

Porro fugiat est id minus aliquid aut. Illo aliquid itaque et eos magnam. Voluptate voluptatem odit et. Qui repudiandae reprehenderit quia error.

Veritatis dolores facere explicabo non id. Repellat earum adipisci magnam ab tenetur autem ea. Non officiis est veritatis rerum sit beatae quis est.

Aut maiores nihil assumenda aliquid tenetur. Nam consectetur id repellendus aut qui. Velit quidem ad eum ut tempora corrupti.

Facilis quia deserunt impedit in. Accusamus velit voluptatum atque iusto aut ea asperiores. Culpa aliquam rem perspiciatis fugit qui modi. Blanditiis quas tempore temporibus minima velit aut minus.

Facilis dolorum nihil cumque sed. Reiciendis accusantium id qui praesentium sint dolorem aut. Aut quibusdam earum et est eaque. Placeat mollitia tempora dolor dolor doloribus.

Praesentium nam inventore et alias repellat a. Tempora quas assumenda quas qui.

Excepturi quidem qui sapiente consequuntur expedita provident ex. Odit asperiores modi et odit aut voluptas et. Et molestias et consequatur adipisci beatae voluptatibus.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”