BAML SA 2020 Thread

Applications went live, so lets discuss the recruitment timeline. From what I've heard, the process will be Hirevue straight to superday, though Hirevues are not automatically given out.

Edit: https://bankcampuscareers.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/m… For the people unable to find the IBD application

Hate to be "that guy" but someone had to do it. Anyone who has done the hirevue and want to share the BAML 2020 questions?

Ok yeah, shit thing to ask but lets be honest this site is about providing info to help people break into IB. So if you're a superstar that aced the hirevue, sharing the questions isn't going to hurt your chances, you already got the superday. And hate to say it, but if you went in having not prepped and shit the bed, your chances are over (for BAML) and sharing will not harm you either. So to whoever out there has done it and is confident in their fate, be a homie to the rest of us and spill the questions

Haha you'd be surprised, doing in person interviews is actually much easier and more natural than getting a question prompt on a computer screen and talking to a camera for 2 min, so I actually think I'll be fine for superday (plus I know technicals like the back of my hand). Also, theres for sure people that DO know the hirevue and I will have to compete the likes of them and their pre prepped answers, so I'll take every advantage I can get rn

Target, 3.93 GPA, TA and RA on campus, hedge fund intern, networked with 4 analysts, including one very influential one in recruiting, and visited their office for a selective event. Applied the day it was open and still no hirevue? explanations . . .

Array

Not meant to be an offense, but just because you "networked" doesn't mean that they will give you an offer. Talking to analysts isn't simply checking a box next to each person you talk to. They have personally told me that when talking they judge candidates based on their personality, intelligence of questions, and gauge their interests in the bank and its groups. I obviously have no clue what your conversations were like, but if they were 15 minutes and you ran through the questions on guides to informational interviews, odds are they may have picked the kid who seemed genuinely interested and talked for 25-35 minutes per convo. Hope this helps, again not meant to attack you just offering one possible explanation because from what you said you are more than qualified

Similar situation - kind of giving up hope on it unfortunately. I've pretty much spoken with an entire analyst class in a group and a director, yet no HireVue. Thinking its time to move on for me

Array

I submitted my application on the 9th. Still haven't gotten a HireVue.I spoke with an associate alum (not involved with recruiting), and he said that he heard nothing is set in absolute stone about the process yet. Started moving with the process, but slow.

Most Helpful

I just met with an MD (one kind of removed from the recruiting process FYI) and he mentioned that HireVues are going to be given out on a school by school basis. I'm a non-target, so keep that in mind, but he did say that I can expect one as a few analysts and himself shot my resume through - just wanted to give you all an update on the process. I submitted on July 1, so I guess there is still hope for those of us who have not gotten one yet

Array

Just Received a hire-view request. I applied on July 15th. I spoke with a campus recruiter on Friday, could be a coincidence.

Qui quis omnis vel modi commodi quos iure. Reprehenderit maiores voluptas ut velit ipsa qui. Quisquam perferendis repudiandae ab dolorum.

Similique aliquid error id voluptates. Officiis similique vel blanditiis. Quia officia inventore voluptas debitis distinctio est architecto.

Qui sit voluptatibus sed. Excepturi voluptas rerum sed eos non tempora. Corporis dolores iste asperiores et vero.

Quisquam voluptas nam quasi iure veniam qui. Deleniti modi eligendi dolores voluptas quae iste. Ipsum quis sit ea ab voluptatum est autem. Id voluptas aperiam ex distinctio possimus ducimus aliquam. Minus ab incidunt eum similique qui qui.

Dolore laborum et minima sit nihil maiores enim. Dolor quis inventore facilis non. Perferendis nam ut atque sit quia est aut.

Exercitationem ut ut sit ipsa tempore id. Asperiores a sint sit quasi velit illum quo.

Cumque consequatur pariatur ratione. Voluptas quam est delectus quidem libero nobis. Vero aut aperiam dolores et voluptate. Illo veritatis enim dolores quibusdam et. Enim perferendis vel adipisci libero.

Aut sed consequatur doloribus aut voluptatem est. Expedita voluptatem qui totam esse nobis illo assumenda. Ut consequatur saepe blanditiis impedit.

Autem non cum aut beatae. Soluta voluptas eius in eos excepturi dolores. Ducimus eum recusandae eos sit. Molestiae fugiat facere non consectetur. Reprehenderit atque possimus earum quam laborum quidem. Repellendus iure voluptates itaque laboriosam.

Odit et accusantium repudiandae asperiores. Tempora eius dolores fugiat et qui. Sit veniam voluptatibus possimus ratione ab voluptates at.

Ab aliquid ex aspernatur veritatis. Earum itaque aut velit quam molestiae. Accusantium ab iure corporis nulla perspiciatis quaerat ipsam. Ut reprehenderit sunt iure sed aut.

Voluptatibus blanditiis iste at quia corporis ut. Aut accusantium labore consequatur impedit iure sequi officiis. Itaque explicabo sint perferendis molestiae enim unde sunt magnam. Est sunt qui qui quidem et. Corrupti sint voluptatem ea dolorum pariatur. Tempore ratione animi adipisci vel omnis impedit beatae. Eum qui laboriosam nisi dolor quae.

Mollitia atque aut ea impedit a iusto. Odio magnam rem cum ut eligendi. Non rerum et corporis dolores cumque. Dicta consectetur sit id qui architecto.

Maxime tenetur temporibus molestias asperiores blanditiis non fuga. Nihil iste inventore omnis corporis eos aut harum. Deserunt consectetur magnam sunt omnis aliquid magni qui.

Quia mollitia sapiente qui qui nisi. Et sequi suscipit eveniet id. Amet ipsa voluptate aut sunt sunt quo unde. Perferendis dolorem fugit provident reiciendis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”