GS 2023 SA

attended some virtual event hosted by GS. recruiter said apps are opening up for select divisions in the americas today april 1st, and told us to be ready to apply 11:59pm march 31st. got an email from GS recruiting confirming that today as well. so thats what i did - got ready to apply. clicked apply at midnight, chose 2023 for recruiting year.

only thing i see rn is an app for melbourne, perth, and sydney. wtf?

EDIT: 

solved my issue. IDK if this is the right thing to do but i had a feeling my app was stuck on the options it had and since i had no way to delete the app i figured i had 2 choices - make a fake submission to one of the available locations and make a new app and hope the new app has NYC as an option, or wait until goldman fixes it on their end.

i chose option 1 and it worked. then i just withdrew my perth app after submitting it. bro they shud hire me for just thinking up this solution bro ong.

[Comment removed by mod team]

on god im a special case. i think its because i clicked the summer analyst page before the apps opened so it was stuck on that page. 

i had to submit an application to one of the locations (i chose perth). then once i hit apply again i got the new app working and i was able to apply for NYC. then i withdrew the perth app.

its crazy to me they dont have a delete button for wtv app ure working on. that would've allowed me to delete the perth app and just move on. 

Bruh y do I keep seeing u on every 2023 SA thread lmfao. And yes, classic is industry coverage group iirc. idk what the difference between between financing and transaction sub-group is tho. 

idk i just did it maybe a couple months ago just to see what the application looked like. didnt expect it to cause a bug where u cant delete or change the form.

and also i opened the form at like 11:59pm because i was confident the app would just update so id save myself the trouble of clicking a few buttons to get into the submission form.

Putting this here for reference. Message from recruiting team sent out to multiple schools.

"Our divisions opening applications early include:

·         Investment Banking

·         Consumer Wealth Management

·         Asset Management

·         Global Investment Research

·         Global Markets

·         Firmwide Strategy

If you are interested in applying to one of these divisions, we strongly encourage you to apply prior to April 10 in order for your early application to be considered."

This was followed with a note that said

"early process is optional and we only recommend students apply if you have confirmed your divisions of interest and feel completely prepared to interview upon submitting. Although these divisions will review resumes on a rolling basis in this window, we do anticipate them continuing to interview after the global application launch in July."

My opinion, if you're applying to IBD this is cap.

yes i got that email (tho dont think it went to my school lol). can u explain why in ur opinion this early app thing is cap if im applying to IBD? i just messaged a friend of mine who's gone through SA and FT recruiting for IB and he also didnt know so wanted to get more thoughts on this

Talked with a few analysts and associates.

*They only look at resumes sent within the first ten days, some even only review ones within the first 4-5 days

*They do have the ability to forward resumes to the HR

*EP track kids are getting superdays rn, and there are like 100+ of them over all divisions (revenue + non-revenue)

*Hirevues will be sent out shortly

Hope this helps!

as soon as apps opened on April 1st, so at like 12:01 am 

Would appreciate any insight into the superday! How technicals/fit focused are the questions? Also do the 3, 20 min calls have different objectives or is it basically the same interview 3 times?

does anyone know if GS accelerates non-div processes for exploding offers from EB (EVR/CVP/PJT)?

Congrats on PJT. And I don’t think they do (though connections change things). They haven’t finished diversity yet either. 

agree with all of that - only thing is I'm not sure if I want to be in finance long term, so I'm debating if my target school name already gives enough cache so I don't have to worry about the marginal goldman over evr brand to non-finance ppl. what do u think?

also should note it is evr HC MP (which is also great for the same reasons u mentioned), but wanted to distinguish from M&A ny

Have you heard back yet? I had one around 10 days ago and still have not heard back 

After SD, is it a bad sign if they delay your decision to the “coming weeks”

Have u heard back after submitting HV? Have heard nothing yet...

So apparently GS will get back to you after hirevues from a week to a month, but will they notify you if you're rejected and not going through to the superday?

Yes!!! What’s up with that??? Could it be for each office?

I also got two interviews (applied for three offices though) but the interview code in each email was the same. Are the codes the same or different for you?

they sent some hirevues the first week of April and did some CHI superdays last week, check out the other GS2023 threads

It's on a rolling basis. The early consideration deadline was on the 10th but they said they would still review applications. I'd say submit ASAP.

Nah I meant like the Hirevue itself I applied on April 1st

do you know why my app still says received? Did not receive an HV and I'm confused about whether I got dinged or not. (Applied for Soph SA non-diversity semi target ) for context.

Yeah mine also says rejected. Really surprised, sorta depressed, I networked pretty heavily with Goldman.

Got a hirevue and mine says received so idk.

edit: nvm says selected for hirevue guess it was just updated.

I haven't gotten any hirevues yet, and mine says application declined for NYC, but still says received for SF and LA. Am I out of the running for SF/LA as well, or do you think there's a chance I still get those hirevues?

I haven't gotten my hirevue link from NYC office. Idk if its because I got a hirevue for another office SF but was rejected from that office. So am I not going to get another chance to do the hirevue for the NYC office as well? 

Anyone get a HV for NYC but see that there's no change in the application portal?? still says application received under there, wondering if it's a glitch??

I had a superday in regional office like 2 weeks ago and still have not heard back

Did u get the email along the lines of “we don’t have your decision yet, stick with us for the coming weeks and let us know if ur in process with other firms”?

How much does the HireVue actually matter? I have heard from some that the HV stage is just a step where getting an SD is actually based just on networking, while some have said that the HV actually matters. And if HV matters, is it just AI or actual people watching?

Do you know if Hirevues are reviewed by alumni/HR of specific school (I'm at a semi-target), or just anyone on HR team/division? A little nervous cuz I think I did okay on my Hirevue but did get caught a little off-guard by some of the questions admittedly but had pretty good chemistry with alumni at NY GS haha

anyone know if chicago IBD is still giving out offers from their superday

p sure if you don't get in during that week and get "waitlisted" they're not gonna come back to you 

Veniam dicta nihil cum rerum magnam nostrum veniam nihil. Provident qui ea labore velit laudantium ut recusandae.

Doloribus ut repellat veniam porro recusandae qui similique. Harum aut amet incidunt. Fugit ex quidem minima ut. Et sint dolorem aut sit modi occaecati labore amet. Adipisci cumque sed sint sapiente autem iusto asperiores.

Non soluta id quam eius molestias natus. Fugiat doloremque laudantium vero fugit quo. Harum et officiis beatae eum et cumque sapiente.

Quae totam illum aut et amet magnam. At doloremque eveniet at voluptatem rerum facere id. Quisquam facilis incidunt ut ea quo. Debitis animi ut repellat vitae ex. Cupiditate quis voluptas at voluptatem debitis ea facilis dolorum.

Blanditiis quae animi eveniet rerum. Tenetur dolores sint unde.

Repellat sit sint magnam non nam ratione ducimus. Voluptatum blanditiis sed blanditiis et provident ut. Repudiandae ducimus quo quo natus expedita. Quae quam eos facere atque a est accusantium.

Corrupti ducimus quis rem natus recusandae et deserunt ut. Et velit aut nam recusandae dolores.

Facilis animi cumque provident iste natus eligendi. Harum aut ullam voluptatibus ratione iure natus autem. Esse sit id deserunt consequatur autem totam aut qui. Sunt itaque enim dignissimos non maxime tempore accusamus. Quaerat aut aut saepe eveniet animi. Eaque numquam aut qui.

Quam tempore distinctio ut corporis quasi provident necessitatibus odio. Officiis nihil velit architecto qui voluptas molestiae consequatur. Tempore laboriosam dolorem molestiae similique nihil. Quis debitis aperiam et consectetur. Qui ut in nam doloribus optio nulla.

Ipsa quisquam ipsum ut eos consectetur doloremque praesentium. Maiores sit rem est soluta fuga exercitationem.

Cupiditate quidem reprehenderit quasi. Non aliquid ipsa iste ea placeat maiores. Consequatur nesciunt veniam natus eum in. Nostrum ipsam omnis consequatur deserunt porro molestias veniam. Reiciendis sint quibusdam architecto voluptate aliquam iusto ullam. Iste et aliquam earum. Itaque quia illum animi provident dignissimos.

Et aut laborum est non dolores illum non. Rerum repudiandae quaerat veritatis repellendus sunt commodi. Odit delectus aut nihil facilis. Placeat commodi non autem. Saepe architecto consectetur reiciendis rerum iste autem.

Vel quisquam quia vero et vero est laborum. Consequuntur illum aspernatur nihil quam molestiae iste. Minus distinctio enim fuga ea deserunt totam. Quia asperiores similique optio aut corrupti.

Tempore magnam consequatur ut quaerat eos molestias quasi. Quidem maiores aliquid omnis quam quae aspernatur ut. Totam nobis qui vel et. Aut ipsam delectus ut placeat. Perspiciatis eveniet autem quaerat consequatur aperiam similique.

Possimus at est quia vel. Soluta quasi atque quos facere. In sunt non eaque mollitia et. Omnis id rerum placeat. Qui repellendus tenetur fugit consequatur.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (89) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”