GS 2023 SA

attended some virtual event hosted by GS. recruiter said apps are opening up for select divisions in the americas today april 1st, and told us to be ready to apply 11:59pm march 31st. got an email from GS recruiting confirming that today as well. so thats what i did - got ready to apply. clicked apply at midnight, chose 2023 for recruiting year.

only thing i see rn is an app for melbourne, perth, and sydney. wtf?

EDIT: 

solved my issue. IDK if this is the right thing to do but i had a feeling my app was stuck on the options it had and since i had no way to delete the app i figured i had 2 choices - make a fake submission to one of the available locations and make a new app and hope the new app has NYC as an option, or wait until goldman fixes it on their end.

i chose option 1 and it worked. then i just withdrew my perth app after submitting it. bro they shud hire me for just thinking up this solution bro ong.

Comments (328)

• Analyst 1 in IB-M&A
Apr 1, 2022 - 12:17am

This shit always happens with GS's portal. Wait till 8-9am and stuff should be updated to include NYC IBD. good luck.

Apr 1, 2022 - 1:15am
zelka, what's your opinion? Comment below:

on god im a special case. i think its because i clicked the summer analyst page before the apps opened so it was stuck on that page. 

i had to submit an application to one of the locations (i chose perth). then once i hit apply again i got the new app working and i was able to apply for NYC. then i withdrew the perth app.

its crazy to me they dont have a delete button for wtv app ure working on. that would've allowed me to delete the perth app and just move on. 

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 1, 2022 - 8:25am

Bruh y do I keep seeing u on every 2023 SA thread lmfao. And yes, classic is industry coverage group iirc. idk what the difference between between financing and transaction sub-group is tho. 

Apr 1, 2022 - 9:36am

idk i just did it maybe a couple months ago just to see what the application looked like. didnt expect it to cause a bug where u cant delete or change the form.

and also i opened the form at like 11:59pm because i was confident the app would just update so id save myself the trouble of clicking a few buttons to get into the submission form.

• Prospect in IB - Cov
Apr 1, 2022 - 6:41pm

Putting this here for reference. Message from recruiting team sent out to multiple schools.

"Our divisions opening applications early include:

·         Investment Banking

·         Consumer Wealth Management

·         Asset Management

·         Global Investment Research

·         Global Markets

·         Firmwide Strategy

If you are interested in applying to one of these divisions, we strongly encourage you to apply prior to April 10 in order for your early application to be considered."

This was followed with a note that said

"early process is optional and we only recommend students apply if you have confirmed your divisions of interest and feel completely prepared to interview upon submitting. Although these divisions will review resumes on a rolling basis in this window, we do anticipate them continuing to interview after the global application launch in July."

My opinion, if you're applying to IBD this is cap.

Apr 1, 2022 - 6:45pm

yes i got that email (tho dont think it went to my school lol). can u explain why in ur opinion this early app thing is cap if im applying to IBD? i just messaged a friend of mine who's gone through SA and FT recruiting for IB and he also didnt know so wanted to get more thoughts on this

Apr 3, 2022 - 2:41am
impostorrr, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Talked with a few analysts and associates.

*They only look at resumes sent within the first ten days, some even only review ones within the first 4-5 days

*They do have the ability to forward resumes to the HR

*EP track kids are getting superdays rn, and there are like 100+ of them over all divisions (revenue + non-revenue)

*Hirevues will be sent out shortly

Hope this helps!

Apr 3, 2022 - 4:56pm
wonkawill3, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Any idea how much impact referrals have on this year process, especially for non target? 

Apr 4, 2022 - 3:01am
Incoming IB Intern, what's your opinion? Comment below:

My contact at the firm said that when I apply id be able to choose the group Id like to go for or be able to rank my preferences at least. I didnt get an option to do that, was anyone able to do that?

• Intern in IB - Gen
Apr 5, 2022 - 2:27pm

as soon as apps opened on April 1st, so at like 12:01 am 

• Prospect in IB - Cov
Apr 5, 2022 - 4:44pm

I have not heard back either

Apr 6, 2022 - 7:32pm
in, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I had superday yesterday for Houston. Not diversity. Haven't heard anything yet…

Apr 6, 2022 - 9:39pm
0112Ca8, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I thought all the superdays are only for diversity. Were you in other program?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 6, 2022 - 10:17pm

How did you have a SD as a non diverse candidate? They just dropped the application on April 1. No one on here has even said they got a HV for NY IBD

Apr 6, 2022 - 10:19pm
in, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Houston goes way earlier than NY. I had superday with GS Houston office

• Intern in IB - Cov
Apr 7, 2022 - 1:00pm

Congrats on PJT. And I don't think they do (though connections change things). They haven't finished diversity yet either. 

• Anonymous Monkey's picture
  • Anonymous Monkey
Apr 7, 2022 - 1:49pm
Anonymous Monkey, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Just curious,.why would you want to accelerate at GS if you have an Evermore offer, especially if Evercore is MA?

Better pay, better culture, leaner teams, more responsibility at Evercore. The Goldman name/cache mean more that that?

• Intern in IB - Cov
Apr 7, 2022 - 3:03pm

agree with all of that - only thing is I'm not sure if I want to be in finance long term, so I'm debating if my target school name already gives enough cache so I don't have to worry about the marginal goldman over evr brand to non-finance ppl. what do u think?

• Intern in IB - Cov
Apr 7, 2022 - 3:04pm

also should note it is evr HC MP (which is also great for the same reasons u mentioned), but wanted to distinguish from M&A ny

Apr 13, 2022 - 2:20pm
Nevercore_Lizard, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Had a SD yesterday with a west coast office and haven't heard back yet, anyone else in the same boat? Am I cut?

Apr 13, 2022 - 7:34pm
fluffycutekitten, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Yah I was told to rank abs I put three and got confirmations from all three locations 

Apr 13, 2022 - 10:53pm
abc0865428, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I had a superday for Chicago today?? when will I hear back one way or another?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 18, 2022 - 6:20pm

Have you heard back yet? I had one around 10 days ago and still have not heard back 

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 14, 2022 - 3:53pm

source?

• Intern in IB - Cov
Apr 14, 2022 - 8:57pm

After SD, is it a bad sign if they delay your decision to the "coming weeks"

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 15, 2022 - 12:01pm

Have u heard back after submitting HV? Have heard nothing yet...

Apr 19, 2022 - 2:37pm
Incoming IB Intern, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Guys anyone hear back yet for IBD NYC? Saw a post that someone got a hirevue today but not sure if its IBD

Apr 19, 2022 - 9:20pm
0112Ca8, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Nope ;( the HR told me they were supposed to give out hirevues within 2 weeks after the opening date. Maybe by this week probably 

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 20, 2022 - 7:09pm

Has your status in the portal changed?

Apr 20, 2022 - 8:09pm
GUHHHH, what's your opinion? Comment below:

theres no fucking way HV is selective . too many ppl got it

Array
  • Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 20, 2022 - 9:14pm

Seeing as this is the first round and after this it's a SD, I'd imagine they def trimmed off of the 250k who applied.

Apr 21, 2022 - 1:54am
abettertomorrow, what's your opinion? Comment below:

So apparently GS will get back to you after hirevues from a week to a month, but will they notify you if you're rejected and not going through to the superday?

Apr 21, 2022 - 10:21am
abettertomorrow, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I also got two interviews (applied for three offices though) but the interview code in each email was the same. Are the codes the same or different for you?

Apr 21, 2022 - 12:08pm
chosenwon69, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Anyone know if GS Chicago office sent out HireVues yet? Have only gotten communication from their NYC office despite networking more in Chicago.

• Prospect in Consulting
Apr 21, 2022 - 12:11pm

they sent some hirevues the first week of April and did some CHI superdays last week, check out the other GS2023 threads

• Intern in IB - Gen
Apr 21, 2022 - 3:24pm

Does GS review hirevues on a rolling basis or will they start reviewing next week? As in, is there any benefit to submitting it sooner rather than later as long as it's before the deadline?

Apr 21, 2022 - 8:28pm
whyIB, what's your opinion? Comment below:

It's on a rolling basis. The early consideration deadline was on the 10th but they said they would still review applications. I'd say submit ASAP.

Apr 21, 2022 - 11:37pm
totallytarget, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I didn't get Hirevues yesterday and my portal says application denied. Target and networked, very sad to see.

• Prospect in HF - EquityHedge
Apr 21, 2022 - 11:55pm

do you know why my app still says received? Did not receive an HV and I'm confused about whether I got dinged or not. (Applied for Soph SA non-diversity semi target ) for context.

• Prospect in IB - Cov
Apr 22, 2022 - 2:25pm

Got a hirevue and mine says received so idk.

edit: nvm says selected for hirevue guess it was just updated.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 22, 2022 - 1:52pm

I haven't gotten any hirevues yet, and mine says application declined for NYC, but still says received for SF and LA. Am I out of the running for SF/LA as well, or do you think there's a chance I still get those hirevues?

• Prospect in IB - Cov
Apr 22, 2022 - 6:10pm

LA did superdays and SF sent some HV out week of 4/9. No SDs on that end so I would not 100% eliminate it

Apr 22, 2022 - 2:25pm
fluffycutekitten, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I haven't gotten my hirevue link from NYC office. Idk if its because I got a hirevue for another office SF but was rejected from that office. So am I not going to get another chance to do the hirevue for the NYC office as well? 

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 23, 2022 - 3:45pm

Anyone get a HV for NYC but see that there's no change in the application portal?? still says application received under there, wondering if it's a glitch??

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 23, 2022 - 4:58pm

I had a superday in regional office like 2 weeks ago and still have not heard back

• Intern in IB - Cov
Apr 23, 2022 - 5:03pm

Did u get the email along the lines of "we don't have your decision yet, stick with us for the coming weeks and let us know if ur in process with other firms"?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 23, 2022 - 5:14pm

Yes! Ik people heard back from that superday with denial though. Did you have this happen also?

• Prospect in IB - Cov
Apr 23, 2022 - 5:40pm

Mind clarifying if this was SF or not. I assume no

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 24, 2022 - 9:46pm

How much does the HireVue actually matter? I have heard from some that the HV stage is just a step where getting an SD is actually based just on networking, while some have said that the HV actually matters. And if HV matters, is it just AI or actual people watching?

• Intern in IB-M&A
Apr 26, 2022 - 2:48am

I didn't network at all, and did okay on my hirevue and got a superday. I was diversity, but I think it does matter? 

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 26, 2022 - 3:02am

Do you know if Hirevues are reviewed by alumni/HR of specific school (I'm at a semi-target), or just anyone on HR team/division? A little nervous cuz I think I did okay on my Hirevue but did get caught a little off-guard by some of the questions admittedly but had pretty good chemistry with alumni at NY GS haha

• Prospect in Consulting
Apr 26, 2022 - 12:59pm

p sure if you don't get in during that week and get "waitlisted" they're not gonna come back to you 

Funniest
  • Prospect in Consulting
Apr 26, 2022 - 12:59pm

No, not yet; go study for finals, king.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 27, 2022 - 12:42pm

Does anyone have insights on the hirevue for the PSI group? Is it like a usual IBD hirevue or should I prepare for something else specifically for PSI?

Apr 27, 2022 - 1:20pm
masonsieber, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Corporis aliquid ex vel est perspiciatis dolores maxime magni. Eligendi debitis ut excepturi neque. Velit ullam enim praesentium tenetur. Nostrum qui est fugit omnis facere.

Voluptas deleniti velit asperiores. Voluptas sit libero odit consequatur rerum dolore. Voluptas facere magnam sed eos aspernatur et deleniti dignissimos. Enim veritatis ipsa quisquam. Aut ducimus laboriosam ratione id nisi laborum. Facilis dolorem nulla qui molestiae quia nobis.

Dolorum unde aut et dolore. Neque voluptas qui recusandae vitae ut. Qui inventore magnam dolor. Est praesentium quod id distinctio necessitatibus voluptatum. Necessitatibus rerum necessitatibus in quo enim odio.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 27, 2022 - 4:20pm

Deleniti et reprehenderit consequatur non. Inventore qui mollitia asperiores saepe. Aut porro modi eos velit asperiores similique id eius. Corporis maiores dolorem repellendus fugiat et aut. Commodi quis aperiam dolores enim fuga. Excepturi fugit fugit illo iste corrupti.

Nobis enim dolorem ipsum qui ipsam est ea. Amet voluptatem consequuntur aut optio.

Apr 27, 2022 - 2:51pm
TruthersPoker, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Animi ipsa distinctio occaecati perferendis. Sit est voluptatem eum est. Qui officiis accusamus laudantium necessitatibus aperiam in sunt. Quaerat ad explicabo voluptas quos omnis. Iusto molestiae qui quia nam.

Qui autem praesentium voluptate ratione et iure eum. Aut et distinctio exercitationem qui harum quae. Eaque iure ut sit illum praesentium corporis odio. Qui deleniti libero quis odit repellendus ipsa.

Sint magnam consequatur consequatur omnis. Maiores enim minus eum cum aut culpa sint quis. Voluptatem voluptate animi sequi et quam voluptatibus vel.

Apr 27, 2022 - 5:11pm
whyIB, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Possimus non quas in adipisci minus beatae voluptas. Voluptatem dolorem officia dolor et animi. Iusto quisquam facere eum numquam delectus. Omnis labore voluptate pariatur sunt. Delectus eos delectus sed quis.

Facere est non saepe omnis. Sunt non nesciunt ea qui debitis ratione eum quia. Eum atque occaecati ab ut facere aliquid.

In adipisci atque est et non architecto consequatur sunt. Tempora fugit voluptate a. Et ex ipsa facilis quidem molestiae earum culpa. Quasi quis non iste necessitatibus commodi reprehenderit perferendis. Aut ex assumenda quos qui sunt recusandae.

Fugiat omnis cum nihil nemo enim quam qui. Id exercitationem esse rerum mollitia. Cum quibusdam soluta repellendus. Ut est id aspernatur aut repudiandae pariatur. Veniam atque consequuntur quia minus ad. Alias placeat quae nam molestiae sunt. Ut eum optio consectetur.

• Intern in IB - Cov
Apr 29, 2022 - 4:24pm

Alias minus nisi facere dolorum. Quod ipsum modi praesentium alias. Beatae voluptate culpa est enim sed odit. Voluptatibus unde porro distinctio impedit maxime laboriosam. Laborum quia est voluptatum et.

Quos dolor error maxime ab ex aut. Magni ab alias deleniti nisi.

Qui dolorum veniam ut tenetur unde voluptatem. Et tempora quos porro illum ex est vero amet. Ut est fugit asperiores fuga ut repudiandae molestiae.

Start Discussion

Popular Content See all

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2022 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company (▲05) 99.6%
  • Lincoln International (= =) 99.2%
  • Bank of America Merrill Lynch (▲04) 98.8%
  • Financial Technology Partners (+ +) 98.5%
  • Evercore (▽02) 98.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2022 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company (▲12) 99.6%