RX Rankings 2023

I think the Rx tables are shifting quite a bit this year, so wanted to get a gauge for top spots. Here are my rankings. Dialogue encouraged. 

Tier 1. PJT, Evercore, HL

Tier 2a. Lazard, Moelis, Guggenheim, PWP

Tier 2b. Ducera, Centerview, Rothschild

Tier 3. Jefferies, Greenhill, Piper Sandler

Tier 4. GLC, Intrepid, Miller Buckfire, RJ, Baird

Funniest

I know you didn’t just use league tables for RX rankings 😂😂😂

Gugg and PWP on the same level as Moelis and Laz is comedic

PWP has been on a good streak they are the smallest rx group between between T1/T2 banks too... Idk what you're talking about when referring to LAZ but their rx franchise isn't as strong as it used to be... Moelis is still really good they have some pretty big heavy hitters. 

Also, it's pretty insane how many deals EVR rx land. I STG these mfs land everything alongside pjt. It has to be the size of their rx groups which probably helps them with dealflow. 

Most Helpful

PJT/EVR deserve their own tier. If you know anything about Rx, these guys win fucking everything and have been absolutely murdering it lately. Nothing against HL, but PJT/EVR clean up and everyone else is playing for second place.

GLC deserves its own section - “shit tier” lmao. That place is absolute buns. Pay sucks, culture is even worse, AND no good deals. Have heard nothing but horrible things. The only upside is that junior exits are pretty strong.

I would move Miller Buckfire and Baird up to tier 3. MB is an Rx OG and is a true legacy name in the space despite shrinking in recent years. Baird is a new platform so don’t really know a lot about them but very strong bank as a whole in the MM.

I’d move Rothschild down to tier 3 - mass exodus of seniors recently which is high key concerning.

I’d move Greenhill up to tier 2 - despite the shit Greenhill gets on here, Neil Augustine is a dog and analysts still get great exits.

Ducera is such a wildcard imo. As far as comp and deal experience, it’s probably one of the best, but the horror stories you hear from kids there really make it seem nowhere close to worth it.

Jefferies is another one to watch out for. Very hard to get placed in Rx as a junior, and they are a UCC machine which is pretty much the worst place to be in the capital structure on any Rx transaction.

I’d add Lincoln, Configure, Gordian and Carl Marks to tier 4.

HL might not be on caliber of PJT and EVR for the heavy hitter deals but just on sheer volume and legacy they’re still in tier 1. Also these SoftBank fees they’ll get are about to be wild. 

What’s Configure’s rep? Looks like they’ve grown a good bit since they spun out of Gugg

Could you expand on the GLC comment? Im working there soon...

I’d be careful putting Greenhill on T3. Downgrade Rothschild, upgrade jefferies 0.5 re:reorg and standardized league tables, put a .5 category downgrade for CVP since senior exodus to tidal and hasn’t finished the transition

Lazard Chicago got hit hard and will probably dissolve, Guggenheim is absolutely destroying it.

Would debate Ducera since shop has done one whale this year (yellow) and then random AHG’s.

downgrade Piper

Would argue Guggenheim has had the best growth this year. Honestly can see them a tier 1a if they keep growing at this rate.

How is Evercore in Europe doing? Got the impression that the team is chill but no insights on how they are performing

lol if you work in Rx you would know that Evercore RX in London is so bad that it doesn’t even deserve to be named… and a lot of people left Lazard so it’s definitely not as good as before

To add to this a lot of banks are cutting fees significantly to fight for deals so it’s important to not look at just the deal numbers but the quality, it’s not a good firm to be if the firm is ok for the juniors to work late nights on some 1m dollar deal for the sake of profit

Possimus culpa sed harum laboriosam ducimus aspernatur omnis. Voluptate sit sunt possimus quam. Perspiciatis et id incidunt autem dolor nesciunt et.

Aut sapiente dolor sed in numquam asperiores. Culpa dolor voluptas perspiciatis unde quisquam. Praesentium possimus eveniet adipisci maxime tempora vel. Quidem ut totam voluptatibus est ut odit dolorum mollitia.

Consequatur veniam veniam expedita eius vitae nihil maiores. Incidunt ut exercitationem molestiae optio quam illum qui possimus. Omnis perspiciatis odit dolore laborum. Rerum earum quidem ex fugit reiciendis sit dolor.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (88) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
numi's picture
numi
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”