NY Meet UP 6/24

If you're in the city, please stop by from 6:30 - 8:30 PM today in NY!!

Here are the details:

​​​WSO is hosting THE meet-up at the 5th&Mad Bar located at 7 E 36th St, New York, NY 10016 to connect open-minded, cool people with one another. Whether you’re on the buy-side, sell-side, or heck any side – this is an opportunity to meet others from different backgrounds and connect with each other. We can't wait to catch up and see everyone!

Hey not to throw shade or anything, but are you seriously advertising this the day of? This is the first time I've seen in mentioned at all. Are there other places that these meetups are announced further ahead of time? 

I will be moving to NYC this summer and I will attempt to make some of these in the future. 

No worries -- we've advertised it on the NY Telegram group chat + had an email blast out. 

This was more of a last minute figured we should throw it out there in case some people hadn't seen. We do these once a month :)

Array

There was a time on this website where this sort of thing made sense. Genuinely interested in how this works with the current state of this place. 

Most Helpful

Not to be biased, but the only way I'd attend a WSO meetup is if it was only advertised to certified users. I won't throw shade at folks who choose not to voluntarily self-identify on the internet, but for a personal security point of view - yeah, that's it for me. There are some users on this site who I can only describe as total wackos. If they're trolling, then it means they have nothing better to do - wouldn't want to affiliate with them. If they're serious, well... that’s a whole other can of worms. 

By transitioning yourself from internet to in-person exposure, the amount of liabilities that one opens themselves up to is massive. While the idea and theology of WSO is fantastic, I wish that there was a way to filter out the garbage sometimes. Only then would I attend a meetup, as unfortunate as it is!

Facilis temporibus quia aut laboriosam. Dolores corporis labore nesciunt velit repellendus maiores aut.

Suscipit molestiae ipsam dignissimos aut cum omnis et. Accusantium saepe nam ut veniam qui accusamus ipsam. Sequi dolor ea aut molestias molestiae qui doloremque.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (88) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”