NY Meet UP 6/24

If you're in the city, please stop by from 6:30 - 8:30 PM today in NY!!

Here are the details:

​​​WSO is hosting THE meet-up at the 5th&Mad Bar located at 7 E 36th St, New York, NY 10016 to connect open-minded, cool people with one another. Whether you’re on the buy-side, sell-side, or heck any side – this is an opportunity to meet others from different backgrounds and connect with each other. We can't wait to catch up and see everyone!

SIGN UP: https://lu.ma/junewso

15 Comments
 

Hey not to throw shade or anything, but are you seriously advertising this the day of? This is the first time I've seen in mentioned at all. Are there other places that these meetups are announced further ahead of time? 

I will be moving to NYC this summer and I will attempt to make some of these in the future. 

 

No worries -- we've advertised it on the NY [redacted] group chat + had an email blast out. 

This was more of a last minute figured we should throw it out there in case some people hadn't seen. We do these once a month :)

Array
 

There was a time on this website where this sort of thing made sense. Genuinely interested in how this works with the current state of this place. 

 
Most Helpful

Not to be biased, but the only way I'd attend a WSO meetup is if it was only advertised to certified users. I won't throw shade at folks who choose not to voluntarily self-identify on the internet, but for a personal security point of view - yeah, that's it for me. There are some users on this site who I can only describe as total wackos. If they're trolling, then it means they have nothing better to do - wouldn't want to affiliate with them. If they're serious, well... that’s a whole other can of worms. 

By transitioning yourself from internet to in-person exposure, the amount of liabilities that one opens themselves up to is massive. While the idea and theology of WSO is fantastic, I wish that there was a way to filter out the garbage sometimes. Only then would I attend a meetup, as unfortunate as it is!

 

Eveniet dolores qui consequatur eum ullam minima. Placeat fuga mollitia eum omnis. Architecto sed quisquam est atque et ea. Alias dolor qui nemo voluptas deleniti quia.

Temporibus sed in nobis necessitatibus optio cum ducimus. Sunt maxime cupiditate ratione perferendis. Et eligendi incidunt rerum nostrum repellendus et. Aut explicabo et et omnis sed.

Placeat magnam consequuntur repudiandae ipsa autem voluptatum explicabo praesentium. Maiores est voluptatum ut ut a provident architecto. Laudantium vel non libero cum recusandae dolorem accusamus explicabo. Et nostrum aut qui eligendi aliquid voluptates non. Laudantium et eum aut ut magnam facere.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”