USA Basketball 2016 Olympic Roster

USA Basketball introduced the team for Rio yesterday.

I don't know what you guys think, but this isn't a "Dream Team". There are so many guys missing that it's not even funny anymore. LeBron wants to rest, Curry wants to rest, Westbrook says "the decision wasn't easy", same argument for Harden. Kawhi nowhere to be found, Aldridge is hurt, Davis is getting his knee fixed, Griffin's quad is an issue, Paul's hand is still not healed, Lillard has a foot injury and Wall's knee isn't 100%. What about Gordon Hayward or Andre Drummond?

Selected for the 2016 U.S. Olympic Team, which is seeking a third consecutive Olympic title, were: Carmelo Anthony (New York Knicks/Syracuse); Harrison Barnes (Golden State Warriors/North Carolina); Jimmy Butler (Chicago Bulls/Marquette); DeMarcus Cousins (Sacramento Kings/Kentucky); DeMar DeRozan (Toronto Raptors/USC); Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder/Texas); Paul George (Indiana Pacers/Fresno State); Draymond Green (Golden State Warriors/Michigan State); Kyrie Irving (Cleveland Cavaliers/Duke); DeAndre Jordan (Los Angeles Clippers/Texas A&M); Kyle Lowry (Toronto Raptors/Villanova); and Klay Thompson (Golden State Warriors/Washington State).

It almost looks like the most notable players on this team are Melo and Durant.

I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars, buddy. A player. Or nothing. See my Blog & AMA

If Thompson plays in his mid-season form and Draymond keeps his hands away from other dudes' areas those two should be pretty good. They were on fire during the regular season.

Best Response

It's not a bad roster, but Harrison Barnes really doesn't belong. I can think of much better wings that are available (I'd even take Rudy Gay over him). It's still a roster that will dump on everyone they face.

Also, I can't wait to see the spectacle that is Draymond Green and Boogie Cousins as your frontcourt. Draymond setting illegal screens and doling out nut-shots everywhere and Boogie being a psycho belligerent toward basically everyone makes for some good entertainment.

Draymond + Boogie = come at me, bro

You think? Spain has a pretty good roster, too, and it wouldn't be the first time that Spain can be a serious contender for the Gold

I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars, buddy. A player. Or nothing. See my Blog & AMA

Everyone hypes up Spain, but it's an aging roster at this point. They couldn't even get past France in the quarterfinals of the FIBA 2014 tournament (that's actually a sneaky dark horse team with Tony Parker, Boris Diaw, Nicholas Batum, Rudy Gobert, etc). Spain's best chances to beat Team USA were in 2008 and 2012, and they came fairly close both times, but Kobe single-handedly shut them down in '08 and in '12, KD dropped 30 on them to go along with some clutch buckets from CP3 and LeBron in the final minutes. KD is still around and there really is nobody on Spain's roster who can guard him (maybe Rudy Fernandez in short spurts, but KD would smoke him if he has to guard him the entire game). Marc Gasol is still playing well, but both Boogie and DeAndre Jordan can check him. Pau is old now, Ricky Rubio still can't shoot, and Serge Ibaka will take a nut-shot from Draymond. Yeah, I think Team USA has got this.

adapt or die:

This team is garbage. The Dream Team would beat these guys by 40. I think it's too bad that alot of young players have no sense of national pride and would rather "rest" than represent the country.

To be fair, I wouldn't want to go to Brazil right now. Zika alone is scary stuff.

Commercial Real Estate Developer

CRE:
adapt or die:

This team is garbage. The Dream Team would beat these guys by 40. I think it's too bad that alot of young players have no sense of national pride and would rather "rest" than represent the country.

To be fair, I wouldn't want to go to Brazil right now. Zika alone is scary stuff.

Yeah, I think that's the main driver for a lot of the guys.

adapt or die:

what young players are you referring to? Other than Harden and Westbrook I think most young players who can play and are as good/better than this team are represented.

p.s. calling a team that consists of 90%+ NBA all-stars "garbage" is a bit much, isn't it?

Array

Just looking forward to Jordan Spieth kicking ass on the Rio golf courses.

"It is better to have a friendship based on business, than a business based on friendship." - Rockefeller. "Live fast, die hard. Leave a good looking body." - Navy SEAL

Seeing Barnes on this team is definitely a joke, the guy wasn't even an All-Star and he played terribly in the Finals. I would've liked to see more young players on this team (Booker,LaVine, Wiggins), but odds are USA will still take gold in Rio.

This team definitely isn't the NBA's best, but it's more than enough to blow out the rest of the competition. Not worried about Spain, as their roster is super old. This team has tons of shooting (KD, Klay, Paul George, Kyrie Irving) and elite defenders (George, Klay, Draymond, DeAndre, and Butler). Our big guys Jordan and Cousins will overpower international bigs. We can go small if needed or we can just destroy teams with size. I hate the Warriors, but those guys do know how to move the basketball incredibly well. With 4 legitimate guys on the roster with rings (Kyrie, Klay, Draymond, Barnes), there will be plenty of winning basketball being played and not the terrible basketball that cost us the 04 gold medal.

Blanditiis inventore perspiciatis amet mollitia dolor dolorem corrupti. Quia veritatis repudiandae velit iusto nihil inventore ullam. Voluptatem totam et quas. Praesentium voluptatem officia cumque amet qui. Consequatur asperiores laudantium accusamus magni adipisci ullam repellat officiis. Voluptates similique vel non voluptatem a molestiae quo. Quam magnam facilis et sed quod rem unde.

Iste est repellat tempora. A consectetur quaerat soluta quisquam rerum molestiae blanditiis. Voluptate omnis aut consequuntur quia officiis in eligendi quisquam. Facere voluptate ut excepturi.

Qui quae sapiente amet repellendus omnis. Quis quisquam rerum dicta hic qui consequatur. Porro corporis aperiam deserunt aut porro. Accusantium autem minus sed ab est.

Eos ut id neque laboriosam corporis impedit mollitia assumenda. Asperiores est iste enim quia laboriosam similique est.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." --Abraham Lincoln

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 25 98.3%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.9%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (21) $373
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”