Bridgewaters new $750 million dollar digs

Dealbook reports Ray Dalio and Dan Malloy just announced that Bridgewater will begin construction on a new $750 million dollar headquarters in Stamford, CT. Does this seem a bit excessive for a hedgefund?

I'm sure it's going to be awesome, but how much office space could you possibly need to put on trades?

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/08/15/Bridgewater-to-spend-750-million-on-new-offices/

Brady4MVP:
They manage more than $100 billion. That's nothing for them.

Their new facilities which houses the traders are really nice as well. The investment associates and strategists are in the old building.

I guess my thought process when I heard the price tag wasn't whether or not they could afford it. It was how they could need that much space; $750mm buys a lot, and I think the plan is for 750,000 square feet.

I'm pretty excited to see it once it's done or plans start coming out. Apparently it's going to have public access. (obviously not the buildings, but the parks around it).

Best Response
andyinsandiego:
Brady4MVP:
They manage more than $100 billion. That's nothing for them.

Their new facilities which houses the traders are really nice as well. The investment associates and strategists are in the old building.

I guess my thought process when I heard the price tag wasn't whether or not they could afford it. It was how they could need that much space; $750mm buys a lot, and I think the plan is for 750,000 square feet.

I'm pretty excited to see it once it's done or plans start coming out. Apparently it's going to have public access. (obviously not the buildings, but the parks around it).

They have around 1,500 employees and are constantly hiring, especially traders and middle/back office roles. They do however interview everyone and their mom. My guess is for the trader role, like 1% of interviewed applicants get offers.

Cupiditate est unde et iusto totam laborum quam. Minima a reiciendis sapiente aspernatur. Cumque rerum cumque et aut pariatur.

Ut veritatis at ullam harum est aliquid veritatis. Quod rerum facere quo dolore voluptates possimus enim. Dolorem sit error blanditiis dignissimos. Sit magnam dignissimos rerum incidunt enim sit laudantium. Commodi eum dignissimos voluptas quaerat voluptatem sunt.

Adipisci ut est quo consequuntur. Excepturi similique voluptate magni fugit fugiat rem et et. Consequuntur vitae explicabo alias. Sunt doloremque consequatur asperiores ut dolor accusantium quasi est. Non id et officia non et.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Point72 98.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 97.9%
  • Citadel Investment Group 96.8%
  • Magnetar Capital 95.8%
  • AQR Capital Management 94.7%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Magnetar Capital 98.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 97.8%
  • Blackstone Group 96.8%
  • Two Sigma Investments 95.7%
  • Citadel Investment Group 94.6%

Professional Growth Opportunities

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• AQR Capital Management 99.0%
  • Point72 97.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 96.9%
  • Magnetar Capital 95.8%
  • Citadel Investment Group 94.8%

Total Avg Compensation

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Portfolio Manager (9) $1,648
  • Vice President (23) $474
  • Director/MD (12) $423
  • NA (6) $322
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (24) $287
  • Manager (4) $282
  • Engineer/Quant (71) $274
  • 2nd Year Associate (30) $251
  • 1st Year Associate (73) $190
  • Analysts (225) $179
  • Intern/Summer Associate (22) $131
  • Junior Trader (5) $102
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (250) $85
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”