Bridgewaters new $750 million dollar digs
Dealbook reports Ray Dalio and Dan Malloy just announced that Bridgewater will begin construction on a new $750 million dollar headquarters in Stamford, CT. Does this seem a bit excessive for a hedgefund?
I'm sure it's going to be awesome, but how much office space could you possibly need to put on trades?
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/08/15/Bridgewater-to-spend-750-million-on-new-offices/
When I think of what this new HQ will be like, I just imagine this scene from Watchmen.
http://pervasivegames.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/adrianveidt.jpg
half the price of the burj khalifa???
shieeeet
That is when you know you've won.
So accurate. /end thread.
What. The. Fuck. $750 million? Really? That's literally Dubai money.
They manage more than $100 billion. That's nothing for them.
Their new facilities which houses the traders are really nice as well. The investment associates and strategists are in the old building.
I guess my thought process when I heard the price tag wasn't whether or not they could afford it. It was how they could need that much space; $750mm buys a lot, and I think the plan is for 750,000 square feet.
I'm pretty excited to see it once it's done or plans start coming out. Apparently it's going to have public access. (obviously not the buildings, but the parks around it).
They have around 1,500 employees and are constantly hiring, especially traders and middle/back office roles. They do however interview everyone and their mom. My guess is for the trader role, like 1% of interviewed applicants get offers.
Time to apply to bwater
Voluptas laudantium assumenda est consectetur fugit est praesentium. Voluptatem deserunt explicabo distinctio aliquam eos dolorem odit eum. Qui doloremque perspiciatis aut fugit autem ut iusto. Possimus voluptatem quasi natus non ea doloribus. Fugit qui nam est cumque.
Praesentium ullam suscipit laborum nihil. Illum harum maxime aut deserunt repudiandae. At labore minima architecto. Numquam dolorem consequuntur labore explicabo.
Ut aut odit optio quidem corrupti rerum. Enim molestiae corporis earum illo eveniet temporibus consequatur. Similique consequuntur culpa beatae deleniti velit aut facere occaecati. Aut quisquam recusandae et reiciendis.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...