I have been on this board for over a year and have enjoyed many of the quality posts.
I just graduated from the University of Illinois with a degree in Accounting, and have a full-time offer in a Big 4 accounting firm doing audit in Asia.
In a few years, I would like to break into the banking industry or research industry depending on the market at that time. From what I have read on this forum, breaking into both industries from audit is tough, but possible. Below are the possible paths that I have identified
1. Transfer into the advisory transaction service department and look for finance jobs opportunities
2. After getting my CPA and CFA (I took the Level 1 exam in June) 3 years later, then look for openings within
3. Getting into a top business school after working for a few years, and move on from there
Here are a few questions that I had, it would be great if you guys could offer some pointers
1. Would it be useful to attend somecourses such as AnEx, , DealMaven etc. helps in breaking into banking/research jobs?
2. What do you guys think about the above paths that I identified?
Anything else I can do to maximize my chance in a few years?