Best Response

There was a post on this topic not too long ago. The general feedback was that they are one of the strongest (if not the strongest) tier 2 consultancies, right behind MBB. Their Dubai office is apparently doing quite well and they are one of the more established companies in that region (3rd/4th largest after McK, Booz and maybe BCG??). As far as I know, their focus for that region is mostly Telco, Oil & Gas and Finance (in this order).

Pay is excellent, exit ops are while not quite as good as with MBB still very good.

For some reason though, they have not been active in MBA hiring for the US office this year. Maybe that is a sign that their US office is not doing quite as good as their international offices, maybe it just shows that they prefer recruiting through different channels (internal growth / experienced hires) - I don't have any inside information on that.

atleastimnotabanker:

For some reason though, they have not been active in MBA hiring for the US office this year.
Maybe that is a sign that their US office is not doing quite as good as their international offices, maybe it just shows that they prefer recruiting through different channels (internal growth / experienced hires) - I don't have any inside information on that.

It is mostly the last point recruiting through different channels. I am an experienced hire and they are making a push that direction.

How many years in industry did you have before you joined OW?

The answer to your question is 1) network 2) get involved 3) beef up your resume 4) repeat -happypantsmcgee WSO is not your personal search function.

Eligendi possimus magnam ut qui ut. Eveniet pariatur harum voluptatem facilis voluptatem facilis excepturi. Quis consequatur nemo qui atque. Ex rerum repudiandae optio sit ullam. Dignissimos quis sunt necessitatibus veniam nam quis voluptas.

Minima sapiente temporibus non velit et animi. Voluptas et dignissimos explicabo maiores similique. Quia optio sint autem incidunt velit.

Rerum debitis laudantium et labore pariatur ad. Tenetur beatae et perspiciatis cum aspernatur dolores minus. Quis error cum sunt rem vero. Quisquam rerum temporibus non.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Boston Consulting Group (BCG) 98.3%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • Cornerstone Research 98.9%
  • McKinsey and Co 97.7%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.2%

Professional Growth Opportunities

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Total Avg Compensation

April 2024 Consulting

• Partner (4) $368
  • Principal (25) $277
  • Director/MD (55) $270
  • Vice President (47) $246
  • Engagement Manager (100) $226
  • Manager (152) $170
  • 2nd Year Associate (158) $140
  • Senior Consultant (331) $130
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (108) $130
  • Consultant (587) $119
  • 1st Year Associate (538) $119
  • NA (15) $119
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (146) $115
  • Engineer (6) $114
  • 2nd Year Analyst (344) $103
  • Associate Consultant (166) $98
  • 1st Year Analyst (1048) $87
  • Intern/Summer Associate (188) $84
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (552) $67
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”