This isn't going to be a debate about the pros and cons so much as has anyone done both consulting and i banking recruiting at the same time?
I ask because I'll be interning this summer at BB as a sophomore so will have next summer to either return to the firm (obviously with a return offer), switch to another or move into consulting. I think I still have the idealized version of consulting and MBB in my head and it's heard to shake that off that it could be a good option versus banking.
On the other hand, I don't want to spend my whole college experience doing recruiting. I worked hard to get an internship this summer so I could hopefully spend the rest of college relatively enjoying my classes and just having fun. But then again, don't want to limit my options.
For those that did both at the same time, was it worth it? How time-consuming was it? Should I decide beforehand what I want to pursue?
Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- Little On-Campus Recruiting and a Weak School Network
- Need some answers re: recruiting and other things
- recruiting schedule and extra semester
- Non Finance/Econ Masters and MBB Recruiting
- Question about schools and M/B/B recruiting
- pass no pass grade for MBA and fall recruiting
- Etiquette Question for contacting recruiters at MBB and others
- Screening and recruiting at MBB