For lack of a better way to describe myself, I'm in year 3 of the ridiculously overrated 2+2+2 path (for the WSO noobs--> 2 years IB + 2 years PE + B-School). I'm at a middle market fund and have actually enjoyed the post IB experience a lot. Contrary to a lot of what has been said about associates leading banking-2.0 style lives at PE funds, I've been lucky to not have it that bad (at least so far).

Anyway, I do plan to go to b-school for either (i) post MBA PE; or (ii) latching on to a legitimate, interesting business opportunities in a bus-dev/strategy sorta role to grow the business (not talking about a Fortune 500, more VC phase, pre-growth equity). I've received enough advice around Route 1, but are there people here who picked Route 2. Could you share your thoughts on that? I'd be extremely interested to listen to people's opinions.

The WSO Advantage - Private Equity

PE Interview Prep Pack

9 LBO Tests, Get an Edge, 200pgs+ Learn More.

Comments (1)

To unlock this content for free, please login / register below.

Connecting helps us build a vibrant community. We'll never share your info without your permission. Sign up with email or if you are already a member, login here Bonus: Also get 6 free financial modeling lessons for free ($200+ value) when you register!

What's Your Opinion? Comment below:

Login or register to get credit (collect bananas).
All anonymous comments are unpublished until reviewed. No links or promotional material will be allowed. Most comments are published within 24 hours.
WallStreet Prep Master Financial Modeling