I'm in Canada and I just got into the networking sessions for BMO Capital Markets, RBC Capital Markets and TD Bank Financial Group. Lucky I got in because all the sessions filled up within 2 hours of them being offered.
Now that I'm in I have no clue what to do... I've never been to a networking session before! How do I approach these guys? What do I talk about? How do I make them remember me when their reading 5,000,000 resumes/cover letters?
I'm getting business cards made up right now from CRA (Canadian equivalent of IRS) for the sessions so I can hand them out. Also, I got a nice suit from my cousin for the sessions, is this overdoing it? Should I just wear a dress shirt and pants, no tie or yes tie?
Any tips would be appreciated thanks!
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- Signed the offer, Now what?
- Never Got Any 2nd Round Interviews and Campus Recruiting is Over. Now what?
- got my RESUME passed in, now what?
- HELP! Felony Expunged! Got Offer! Now what?
- Done with informational interview. Now what?
- IBD Associate...now what?
- got the internship, now what can i do to be head and shoulders above the rest when i get there
- Should I fucking marry her now or what? What would YOU do in my shoes, fellow monkeys?