Three days of hearings by the Supreme Court will decide the fate of ObamaCare. Is it constitutional? Can the federal government force me to buy health insurance?
My first reaction is outrage. Why should I have to be forced to buy something that's so good for me?
And then I remembered: I wasn't given a choice about buying auto insurance either, even though the government didn't coerce me into buying my car. Is auto insurance regulated by the Commerce Clause as well?
The bottom line for me is whether ObamaCare will work. I have my doubts. I believe the Affordable Care Act will cost too much, both in terms of money and quality of care. But this is easy for me to say. I am not a member of the uninsured.
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- Gun to your head- how does the Supreme Court rule on Obamacare?
- Harver Health Insurance Counter Fraud Group Tokyo: Where is the Health Care Poverty Gap?
- The Koyal Group Info Mag: E-readers may Cause Poor Sleep, Health
- Does ObamaCare Cover Suicide Prevention?
- Health care reform affecting health care investment banking?
- Rank the Health Care IBD groups in SF/Menlo Park
- Looking for partner to start beauty care product
- How much do you guys pay for health insurance