PatrickBateman:
really depends on the firm, your gpa, gmat, etc. that being said, firms like GE are literally built to send kids to top MBA programs....they place very well. in fact, i think these days it can be an easier/more-clear-cut route to a top MBA than i-banking and other finance jobs.

What about firms like Verizon and General Mills? Those are the two companies I'm looking at. They both have the Financial Leadership Development Program. Would it be similar to GE FMP?

DoctorAndre:
PatrickBateman:
really depends on the firm, your gpa, gmat, etc. that being said, firms like GE are literally built to send kids to top MBA programs....they place very well. in fact, i think these days it can be an easier/more-clear-cut route to a top MBA than i-banking and other finance jobs.

What about firms like Verizon and General Mills? Those are the two companies I'm looking at. They both have the Financial Leadership Development Program. Would it be similar to GE FMP?

Are you in NJ by chance?

Best Response

does anyone know of any good resources that exist to get more information about these programs? or is the best bet just to go down the list and look at the different programs each firm offers? is there anything like mergers&inquisition for F500. I want to do banking, but taking it easier in my twenties getting my mba and taking another shot at it seems to be like a good plan b.

Gerry_Garner:
does anyone know of any good resources that exist to get more information about these programs? or is the best bet just to go down the list and look at the different programs each firm offers? is there anything like mergers&inquisition for F500. I want to do banking, but taking it easier in my twenties getting my mba and taking another shot at it seems to be like a good plan b.

PM me.

I work at a Fortune 1,000,000,000 and got into some top schools. It matters a little but ultimately adcoms want to see progression in a career with leadership responsibilities.

One very telling thread recently is that of "bank teller goes to hbs". I think one greatly overlooked factor is the experience you get while you are working rather than the name brand in and of itself. From what I understand the essays are extremely important in terms of showcasing exactly how you've spent your time working, and what you bring to the table. If your firm is as strong as you say, the experience that youve had there will likely reflect that, and you just have to be able to verbalize that in your essays.

leveRAGE.:
One very telling thread recently is that of "bank teller goes to hbs". I think one greatly overlooked factor is the experience you get while you are working rather than the name brand in and of itself. From what I understand the essays are extremely important in terms of showcasing exactly how you've spent your time working, and what you bring to the table. If your firm is as strong as you say, the experience that youve had there will likely reflect that, and you just have to be able to verbalize that in your essays.

link to thread by any chance?

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer.

thanks all, i really do appreciate the input. in fact many of you are simply confirming what i thought to be true before. however, though i understand the importance of getting quality experience, it's not particularly relevant to my question.

what i'm trying to get to is that, holding all else (including quality of experience, GMAT, etc.) equal, do the "tiers" in the Fortune 1000 (such as 1000, 500, 100, 50, and 10) hold substantial weight for business school admissions?

i'd like to get into a top program, but am a bit of an underdog due to my undergraduate GPA. although i really like my current company, i'd be willing to make the jump up the F1000 if it improved my chances....

thanks again.

Money Never Sleeps? More like Money Never SUCKS amirite?!?!?!?

Aperiam aut ut occaecati ut amet nihil. Ut qui aut rem sunt recusandae tempore. Nesciunt repellat commodi alias atque. Doloremque nulla et et sequi autem maxime. Iure magnam architecto atque qui non laborum aut. Perspiciatis veritatis aliquid voluptatem iusto cupiditate porro est. Maiores pariatur nulla ducimus aspernatur.

Voluptatem non quia illo consequuntur quaerat voluptatem. Repellat temporibus reprehenderit quo. Voluptatum veniam et error est. Voluptatem harum autem est qui ea voluptatibus. Sunt ut quibusdam dicta tempore molestiae et. Quisquam alias recusandae quia quia aspernatur quo quod.

Ut rerum non est minus accusamus officia. Facere quo consequatur expedita sed reprehenderit. Deserunt et est sed sed. Magni voluptatem consequatur deserunt id. Dolores et velit possimus dolore magnam ipsa officia. Reiciendis sit cumque voluptas provident.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”