Need advice from someone with real estate experienceO
I am currently interviewing for the job description below for an entry level commercial real estate analyst position at a 3 person real estate asset management firm. I am not familiar with what an entry-level commercial real estate analyst would do at a real estate asset management firm as the lending side of commercial real estate has always been more interesting to me.
Is this job inline with what someone would do at a larger firm and is this experience going to meaningful in a few years? Would this be a stepping stone into a decent career in real estate? Your thoughts?
Commercial Real Estate Analyst
- maintain and update tenant insurance files
- correspond and liaise with insurance brokers and tenants regarding the annual renewal of tenant's insurance certificates
- ensure insurance policies are in compliance with the terms of tenant leases
- visit and audit properties
- analyze real estate market trends
- analyze leasing, construction and sales projects and monitor and supervise their progress
- interfacing with the brokerage and mortgage community
- coordinate and evaluate operating budgets and marketing initiatives
- prepare and coordinate property operating reports between accounting, property management and client communications
- co-ordinate between property management and accounting on monthly operating expenses and ongoing building maintenance
- other special analysis projects as they arise.