Here's the deal, looking for advice on how the negotiate for a higher salary this week:
- Worked for two years at 2bn PE fund, previously two years in M&A
- Won't get promoted to VP until January 2014 and no salary increase between levels
- Accepted low-ish offer in the first place, didn't know better, know now that previous associates made 15% - 20% more, there is no until VP level
- Struggled in the beginning as youngest associate ever, was hired for post-MBA level without enough experience
- I'm performing at the right level now, have completed two deals this year (sourced one of them)
I'm scheduled to speak to the relevant person this week (he doesn't know why), how should I set the tone?