Take buyside internship now or wait for IB?
I have an offer for a top buyside firm (deals with both public and private investments) for an internship this summer. Would be a killer name to have on resume, but will not turn into a full-time gig afterward as they don't hire out of undergrad. I have to make a decision soon, so that obviously would cut me out of the recruiting process for summer analyst at BB IB this summer.
Ultimately I want to be in buyside as I really enjoy the investment process...kinda was figuring I would have to do a 2 year stint in IB first but if I take this gig I figure I might be able to parlay the experience into a buyside job somewhere.
The question is whether it's worth it to take this bird in the hand over the potential for BB summer analyst? And, if I decide I want to do IB/can't find a buyside job after this, how disadvantaged would I be coming back into the recruiting cycle as a senior who didn't do a summer IB gig?