I am a freshman in a semi-target undergraduate business school thinking aboutfor the summer, currently interested in consulting but also considering investment banking and . My main goal with an internship this summer would be to get a better idea of exactly what industry I best fit in with. Given this goal, what sort of internship would you all recommend I go for? I understand that the prospects of a freshman landing an internship are slim, but I know of several people who have done it at smaller firms.
Basically I am looking for an experience in which I could learn as much as I can, while putting me in a good position to go for a top firm likein the summer before my senior year. I remember reading somewhere that for , interning at a lower-tier consulting firm is not a great idea - can anyone shed light on this as well?
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- How is a boutique i-banking internship viewed for soph summer internship?
- Capital One Business Analyst internship vs Deloitte Federal S&O internship?
- boutique internship?
- Raises During Internship?
- > 3.8 from HYPS who has done nothing remotely relevant. Chance at internship?
- Which office to apply to in order to have greatest shot at getting an internship?
- How important is an internship?
- GPA cutoff for consulting summer internship?