What do you see yourself doing in 3 years?
Working in IB
18% (128 votes)
Working in PE
11% (78 votes)
Working in HF
11% (78 votes)
Working in ER
4% (28 votes)
Working in AM
5% (36 votes)
Working in S&T
7% (46 votes)
Working in VC
2% (14 votes)
Working in RE
2% (14 votes)
Big 4 / Accounting
4% (26 votes)
PWM / Investment Advisor
1% (6 votes)
1% (8 votes)
4% (28 votes)
7% (48 votes)
Trading on my own / full-time day trading
1% (9 votes)
In Grad school (MBA, MSF, etc)
9% (63 votes)
2% (12 votes)
Entrepreneur, non-finance related
7% (46 votes)
Other Job (finance-related)
1% (10 votes)
Other Job (non-finance)
2% (15 votes)
Total votes: 693
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): this post originally went up on 10/21/13.</em> You think I’m f*cking with you? I am not f*cking with you. I have been noticing a very cancerous trend in this country. A trend that has even leaked onto WSO in many aspects, which is arguably filled with...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): This was originally posted 12/30/14 and is a great read for those getting prepared for Summer Analyst recruiting</em> We're preparing for our OCR interview day for <strong>summer interns</strong> from one of our target schools and our team...
- <strong>Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!</strong>: <em>Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a <span class='keyword_link'><a...
- It's that time of year again, folks. Time to polish those resumes, fire up the LinkedIn and WSO search functions, and bug the hell out of the career advisers at your schools. It's recruiting time! We are all looking for information on timelines and deadlines for every bank...
- As we approach our 10 Year anniversary, I'd like to thank the thousands of members that have made WSO an incredible resource to millions of readers. The last 10 years have been an amazing ride and I can't wait to tackle the next 10! As part of our celebration, we thought a 10% site...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): Make sure to bookmark this page as this will be the cumulative thread for 2016 SA <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-dictionary/what-is-investment-banking-division-IBD">IBD</a></span>...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-jobs">right here</a>), we would also create a WSO Applicant...
- WSO is excited to have the experts from Accepted.com on board to answer applicant questions in the business school forum. Here is a message from Natalie who will be checking this thread every few days to make sure she is staying on top of questions: I'm here to answer any questions you...
- Dionysius the Elder, a ruler in ancient Greece, ran up massive debts to pay for his multiple military campaigns. His solution? Change every drachma into two drachmas. Pulling money from nowhere to cover massive debts has seemed to be a monetary policy throughout Greek’s history. First, let...
- WSO is now accepting applications to be a Campus Rep at your school for the 2015-16 school year. We are looking for motivated students with a solid work ethic and strong communication skills who are willing to commit until May 2016 (and beyond). Phone interviews will be conducted during August...
- Tomorrow is the big day we've been waiting for/dreading since early June, when we peeled out of the testing center parking lots, burned our books, and went off to get drunk with our long lost friends...
- Brussels-based investment firm Van Ecker Couder, announce their plans for future expansion. Van Ecker/Couder (VECA) & Associates board of directors have released a road map for the company's...
- Please give me constructive criticism on my resume for summer internship and MSc application process. I need help with everything, format, font, content, etc. Cheers.
- Stock Market Analysis Here is a riddle: When is down good and bad? The answer: When you are talking about oil and stock prices. Oil dipped below $50 a barrel while stocks also hit a slick patch. Pun...
- The Indian Market opens consolidation after a fall of previous closed three consecutive session. The Sensex and Nifty trading positive trends. About 962 shares have advanced and 813 shares declined...
- Since releasing my book, The Naked Interview: Hiring Without Regret, I've spoken to many clients and business owners about the topic of hiring and retaining great people. One colleague I recently...
- There is a common perception about value investing that it involves purchasing shares of companies on the brink of financial ruin with the hope they turn around. Viewed through this lens value...
- I have a round 1 Case interview coming up with McKinsey and it is with an alum. Is that normal? I fall into the experienced hire category.
- Anyone know much about this firm? Reputation on the street? Well known PMs?
- Dear WSO Community, I'm pleased to announce the release of the 2014 WSO Compensation Report! We had another great year with even MORE entries than last year (over 5,000)! It took many months of...
- 'Tis the season. So far, I've only seen posts on speculation. Would like to get a post started with actual #'s (or percent of salary). Anyone receive numbers yet?
- Guaranteed Prosperity International (GP) is a Florida based training, coaching, andimplementation company that ensures it's clients succeed. - no IF, THAN orBUTs. Since business are composed of...
- I saw the 2016 Summer Megathread, so I figured I'd get ahead of the game a little bit. I will be a sophomore this year. However, this past year, I started the internship search rather late, and didn'...
- - An investment bank raises capital for companies, underwrites securities, and provides M&A advisory for their clients. - EBITDA stands for Earnings before Interest Taxes Depreciation and...
- Hi All, I'll attempt to keep it brief. I'm in NYC for the summer and wanted to pick up suits for summer analyst recruiting. I went with a family member who doesn't mind dropping some money. With this...
WSO - what's the main reason you wouldn't watch one of our webinars?
I'm not interested in the topics
The presentation times aren't convenient for me
I'm unaware of when they're happening
I wait to watch them in the video library
WSO has webinars?!
Other (please comment)
Total votes: 46