Working in IB
18% (128 votes)
Working in PE
11% (78 votes)
Working in HF
11% (78 votes)
Working in ER
4% (28 votes)
Working in AM
5% (36 votes)
Working in S&T
7% (46 votes)
Working in VC
2% (14 votes)
Working in RE
2% (14 votes)
Big 4 / Accounting
4% (26 votes)
PWM / Investment Advisor
1% (6 votes)
1% (9 votes)
4% (28 votes)
7% (48 votes)
Trading on my own / full-time day trading
1% (9 votes)
In Grad school (MBA, MSF, etc)
9% (63 votes)
2% (12 votes)
Entrepreneur, non-finance related
7% (46 votes)
Other Job (finance-related)
1% (10 votes)
Other Job (non-finance)
2% (15 votes)
Total votes: 694
- Guys, This is a serious and sincere plea to any of you undergraduate kids who're using these silly titles on their LinkedIn profiles. Please for god's sake, take this out. It just looks stupid and wannabe-ish. I don't know who started doing this and where, but it's just...
- Background I randomly discovered WSO nearly seven years ago just weeks after I secured a FT MM IB position. The website was extremely nascent at the time with only a few thousand registered users. The majority of the users were college students with only a handful of people actually working...
- Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!: Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a private equity resume template, click here.. For those of you looking to make sure your CV format is clean and make sure that your...
- I wanted to tell my story on this forum - as WSO has been the sole reason helped me learn about the industry and how to break in. I am from Upstate New York, born and raised. I was a poor student in high school, so much so I didn't even take my SAT's. I was sent off to a residential...
- We are finally here! For those of you waiting on the WSO Hedge Fund Interview Guide, thank you for your patience -- it has been a long process to get to this stage. Unlike investment banking or private equity, the hedge fund universe is enormous, so we really had to spend a long time drafting...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find right here), we would also create a WSO Applicant Database. This vision for the database is to allow all WSO users to create a...
- I sucked at my first job. It's a weird thing to admit, but it's true. When I started as a management consultant in 2010, I was worse than useless. I had spent my summers during university cleaning yachts for rich people and working on my tan. Case in point: during my first...
- Good evening everyone! (or whatever time it is in your time zone), I wanted to open up some time for Q&A with the WSO community. WSO was a very helpful tool in helping me pursue internships and gain knowledge on particular areas in finance, specifically IB, PE, and VC related. I believe...
- Background: I went to a non-target, had a 2.7 GPA, and didn't study finance in college. Ended up landing a job in ER. I apologize in advance that I have failed to contribute as much as I should to these forums. WSO was one of the main tools I used and find myself looking at boards...
- I was fortunate enough to be accepted into HBS in Round 2 and will be heading there this Fall. I have never done an AMA on this site before and I feel that now might be a good time to do so. I hope that sharing my experience with the MBA application process might be somewhat useful to the WSO...
- This question was asked during a hedge fund interview. It took me completely by surprise. Moreover, is this even legit to ask something private like this? Totally weirded me out. Did anyone ever...
- I am about to begin my first year at NYU Stern, and I was curious if I could go for a masters in mechanical engineering with a bachelors degree in finance and statistics. Is it possible? I also know...
- I am practicing a model on the company Iron Mountain (IRM) and it appears they became a REIT two years ago.. How exactly would I go about projecting taxes on my income statement?
- Got an interview from HR to set up an interview for a position in this group (See link below for job descrption). Anyone know anything about this group? Currently in an MM IB analyst program and...
- So I have been looking to lateral to a middle market bank in the Chicago area for a few months. One networking call ended with my resume being forwarded to the recruitment manager by a VP in the...
- Hi everyone! First post on WSO. I was admitted to the above schools and want to pursue a real estate career. What would be the best choice and the order that you'd choose? I am looking for an...
- Does anyone know the drug testing policies at RE companies with regards to shrooms? Do companies even test for shrooms? I've heard they only look for more standard drugs like coke and weed. Also,...
- I've read some comments and posts about how people pick IB groups based solely on MF placement but have wondered why that is? Why (besides $) does it make sense to leave one sweatshop IB group to go...
- I have been browsing this forum for almost two years now since the beginning of my senior year and thought I would share my story on breaking into ER. I was never a great student and actually barely...
- Next year I will be heading off to a small private non target in Socal, and I am facing a rather large dilemma. As I am going to a non target, I fully intend to transfer into a target school. I am...
- Finished Business School school last July, have done now close to 80 decent applications, with no avail. I haven't had much success in getting into IB/Asset Management/ and I've pretty much saturated...
- Happy Monday everyone. It'd be good if we keep this discussion amongst those who have actually been there and done that (i.e. no high school/college students) I thought I'd start a topic that...
- Dear reader, I am currently a high school senior who will be attending university next year. I will be taking the GMAT soon in preparation for HBS, other than a 4.0, internships, and a 800 GMAT what...
- Long story short I'm rising sophomore and also a dumbass that apparently didn't get the memo that recruiting started in January and now am sitting here with my balls in my hands trying to cold email...
- I was surprised that no one had posted this already, this article has been very popular and I've seen it pop up in multiple places. "The Secret Shame of Middle-Class Americans"Nearly half of...
What do you consider "Working on Wall Street"?
Working for a high finance bank on the actual "Wall" St
Working for a high finance bank in Manhattan
Working for a high finance bank in the greater NYC area
Working for a high finance bank in the (anywhere in the USA)
Working for a high finance bank (Worldwide)
Total votes: 1582