What do you see yourself doing in 3 years?
Working in IB
18% (128 votes)
Working in PE
11% (78 votes)
Working in HF
11% (78 votes)
Working in ER
4% (28 votes)
Working in AM
5% (36 votes)
Working in S&T
7% (46 votes)
Working in VC
2% (14 votes)
Working in RE
2% (14 votes)
Big 4 / Accounting
4% (26 votes)
PWM / Investment Advisor
1% (6 votes)
1% (8 votes)
4% (28 votes)
7% (48 votes)
Trading on my own / full-time day trading
1% (9 votes)
In Grad school (MBA, MSF, etc)
9% (63 votes)
2% (12 votes)
Entrepreneur, non-finance related
7% (46 votes)
Other Job (finance-related)
1% (10 votes)
Other Job (non-finance)
2% (15 votes)
Total votes: 693
These 6 FREE Financial Modeling Lessons
Can Help You Land Your $100k+ Dream Job
- Our Fun Excel Training and Challenge Contest
- DCF Modeling, Tons of Free Templates & Video Tutorials
- Valuation Lesson on Trading Comps
- Cash Flow Modeling and more!
- shit on me all you want because idgaf!!!! all your fate is mine, you little f*ckers i volunteered to do ocr because i thought it'd be a nice break but F*CK i'd rather be hunched over my desk than be dealing with these borderline terrifying besuited assailants. first of all, GOD...
- In 2007 I made my hardest career transition. After leaving <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/company/goldman-sachs" target="_blank">Goldman Sachs</a></span> and taking eighteen months off work, I decided...
- <strong>Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!</strong>: <em>Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a <a...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): #TBT Throwback Thursday - this was originally posted on 6/21/12.</em> At the beginning of my analyst program i had a fixed-notion of what it takes to become one of the top-ranked analysts in my class, pocket top-bucket bonus and move on to a prosperous future...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-jobs">right here</a>), we would also create a WSO Applicant...
- WSO is now accepting applications to be a Campus Rep at your university for the 2015-16 school year. We currently have 42 reps signed up but would love to add 20-30 more. We are looking for motivated students with a solid work ethic and strong presentation/communication skills who are...
- Thanks to my content intern @Lucas_m" for another great compilation post. This one covers on campus recruiting, interviews, and converting SA <span class='keyword_link'><a...
- If you look at elite athletes of virtually any sport, they almost always share one thing in common: they started playing the sport at a fairly young age. Sure, there are exceptions, but very rarely do you see a world-class athlete who picked up the sport after high school. Now, what does...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): Best of Eddie, this was originally posted in January 2011.</em> When women get together with their friends and talk about the new guy in their life, one of the first questions that always comes up is, "What does he do?", which - let's face it -...
- <strong><span class='keyword_link'><a href="https://gv142.isrefer.com/go/wso35/wsoasis/">Financial modeling</a></span></strong> is a skill that any investment banking analyst will have to master. Although the majority of <span...
- Title says it all--currently in HC M&A at a BB in a pretty sweet role (think Associate, VP, God) wondering about a lateral move to MBB consulting. 1. Lol do people actually do this? 2. ...why?...
- Was gonna have a phone informational interview with a banker today. Guy told me to call his cell. Called his office line and no one picked up. Emailed him to reschedule for next week. 30 minutes...
- Below my resume. So I have the feeling like I am missing something. Any ideas what I got wrong? I'm looking to get experience in classic IB. Any help will be appreciated. PM me if I can help you with...
- Hey guys, Heard some talk on here recently about Stephens IBD in Little Rock. Just curious about their exit opportunities, given that they are in Little Rock? Do they have a good track record of PE...
- Where can I find the deals Credit Suisse recently announced?
- Hi, Folks- Could you share some tips on how to best prepare for a BO position with a hedge fund? What are some typical interview questions? Also, it seems like the consensus on this website is that...
- Mod Note (Andy): See his original post here: "HEY you OCR little f*cks" all schools are apparently filled with tweedledees and tweedle f*cking dums because all of the atrocities that led to my...
- I'm a rising senior trying to go into investment banking. When do banks began hiring for full time positions for next fall? I'm worried because I can't anything some BB's websites. Is it to late at...
- It's basically a minivan that goes from zero to sixty in 3.2 seconds. Who is ordering one?http://nypost.com/2015/09/30/tesla-unveils-model-x...
- UWaterloo (Math, CS or DD) or McGill (Bcom HIM) for a career in hedge funds ? I've been investing and trading since 11 so pretty sure that's what I want to do. Of course, McGill is the clear winner...
- Just a quick question. While valuing the company's equity using the DDM, we assume a certain percentage of the net income gets paid out in dividends. We present value these dividends using the cost...
- Hey all, I made a burn account so I can share a story of sub 2.5 gpa student getting offers from multiple MC firms including one from MBB. Firstly, I'd like to preface this by saying that my purpose...
- What kind of questions are lateral hires asked during interviews?
- Hey guys, I'm currently in the process of applying to SA programs in the US and UK. Every UK-based team is asking me to take numerical and/or verbal tests and in their email specify that they want...
- A lot of good universities nowadays offers a business school which is usually harder to get in. (ex. NYU offers NYU Stern as its business school) Do you think I can break into IB by majoring in...
Long term, which career path interests you the most?
Corporate Finance / Strategy / Development
Investment Advisor / PWM
Sales & Trading
Other Finance Role (academia, non-profit, government, legal, etc)
Other - Non Finance
Total votes: 389