Working in IB
18% (128 votes)
Working in PE
11% (78 votes)
Working in HF
11% (79 votes)
Working in ER
4% (28 votes)
Working in AM
5% (36 votes)
Working in S&T
7% (48 votes)
Working in VC
2% (14 votes)
Working in RE
2% (14 votes)
Big 4 / Accounting
4% (26 votes)
PWM / Investment Advisor
1% (6 votes)
1% (9 votes)
4% (28 votes)
7% (48 votes)
Trading on my own / full-time day trading
1% (9 votes)
In Grad school (MBA, MSF, etc)
9% (63 votes)
2% (12 votes)
Entrepreneur, non-finance related
7% (46 votes)
Other Job (finance-related)
1% (10 votes)
Other Job (non-finance)
2% (15 votes)
Total votes: 697
- Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!: Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a private equity resume template, click here.. For those of you looking to make sure your CV format is clean and make sure that your...
- It’s been awhile since I’ve checked in on WSO. I hope 2016 has treated you all well and you’re now settling in for some well deserved rest and relaxation time over the course of the holidays. It may just be selection bias given I’m starting to get a little older myself (I just turned...
- What do you think? Just like last year, PwC and Strategy& are still not aligned. https://managementconsulted.com/consulting-salaries/2017-management-consulting-salaries-for-undergraduate-mba-interns/
- WSO is excited to have the experts from Accepted on board to answer applicant questions in the business school forum. Here are messages from Natalie and Jen who will be checking this thread every few days: Natalie I'm here to answer any questions you have regarding Business School...
- Hey everyone. The ink has just barely dried on my accepted offer to join a boutique private equity firm as an analyst, but I think now is a better time than any to tell you how I made the jump to private equity from a VERY non-target background. A little bit about me: I graduated from a...
- I have been a long time lurker and recent poster here, I have got so much from this community, I can say I would not have done it without you so I think it is time to give something back. I am sure you heard stories like min but I hope this can be inspirational to some of you. I come from a...
- So I'm feeling a bit generous over the holidays. So have at it kids, ask away. Straight-dope answers will be provided.
- I haven’t written about Bitcoin on WSO for a long time, and I’ve seen a lot of questions about it on the site over the past few weeks due to the recent price movements. There’s a lot to cover so this might stretch into two posts. We’ll see how it goes. First, the recent price...
- Alright everyone, I need something to distract me from family time over the next few days, so wanted to do a AMA. Background for those who don't already know: partner in a PWM practice at one of the bigger firms (MS/ML/UBS) managing $500mm in the southeast US. worked at a local bank for...
- Congrats, you've made it into finance...in the middle office. What is the middle office? Definitions vary, but think risk management, certain accounting roles, corporate treasury--broadly speaking, you interact with the business divisions on externally-related (i.e. client, funding) topics,...
- Recently read an interesting article regarding the future for those who work in "back office" roles", especially in compliance. According to this article, big banks, such as HSBC, Deutsche Bank, and...
- Anybody here broke into a tier 1 or tier 2 firm with a relatively low GPA( 3.0 - 3.5) out of undergrad? if you dont mind explain how you got the interview/offer?
- Hey guys, I am working on a waterfall structure and I can't get the cashflow distributions for each tier to match the respective hurdle rate. I am off by 1 decimcal place. Any assistance would be...
- Did anyone hear back from UBS for this Sophomore Summer Analyst program after submitting the video interview?
- Hello, I am looking at pursuing my Masters in Finance, and am unable to evaluate my chances for each university. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could guide me with the same, or provide me...
- I'm starting a career in auditing, I know that it's not enough to memorize the standards practice is the key. I'm here for some practical tips from all of you experts here :)
- I will keep it brief. So I am currently at a BB, working for a particularly horrible manager (in terms of attitude, work load and expectations). I am sick and tired of this job. There are times when...
- A lot of the work I do as an intern at a boutique shop is looking up companies that could be potentially acquired for a client. I'm just at my computer all day googling shit. It's really annoying...
- Hi All, I recently graduated from my University in December and I have accepted an investment banking offer with a start date of July 2017 with the new analyst class. From now until then I am...
- I'm currently a first year student at Queen's commerce. I recently got my first semester grades back. I scored As in every course except financial accounting in which I got a C+, ending my first...
- Curious to hear some of your stories with firms in your career in the RE industry. I'm sure a lot of you had worked at small firms where it might have been a cluster fuck or you got hoodwinked into a...
- What's going on guys, I have a superday next week for a Markets S&T SA internship at Citi. It's my first Superday so I don't really know what to expect. I've got my resume and story down and am...
- I really want to get into investing (specifically in the stock market for now) but there is so much information and terms that I either don't know or fully understand. How can I improve upon my...
- I went to Florida State University, right? We have this area on campus called the, "safe zone," or some shit like that. Its basically a place where people can showcase their freedom of speech....