Working in IB
18% (128 votes)
Working in PE
11% (78 votes)
Working in HF
11% (79 votes)
Working in ER
4% (28 votes)
Working in AM
5% (36 votes)
Working in S&T
7% (48 votes)
Working in VC
2% (14 votes)
Working in RE
2% (14 votes)
Big 4 / Accounting
4% (26 votes)
PWM / Investment Advisor
1% (6 votes)
1% (9 votes)
4% (28 votes)
7% (48 votes)
Trading on my own / full-time day trading
1% (9 votes)
In Grad school (MBA, MSF, etc)
9% (63 votes)
2% (12 votes)
Entrepreneur, non-finance related
7% (46 votes)
Other Job (finance-related)
1% (10 votes)
Other Job (non-finance)
2% (15 votes)
Total votes: 697
- It’s been a slow day at work, so I decided to do something useful and type up this thread with some basic networking tips. I went into my background in detail in my lateraling guide, but basically I went to a non-target for undergrad, then started at a “no-name” boutique, lateraled to a...
- Ok, guys and girls. I'm pretty open about myself on here, but lately I've been super busy and not nearly as active as I like to me because after being laid off at a massive tech company I started my own gig. It was something I did before for freelance because I have experience as a...
- Sitting at my desk here just waiting for things to wind down before Thanksgiving so thought I’d give back to the community and try my first long form post. I did some interviewing last year but this year I was heavily involved for both SA and FT interviews so thought I’d lay out some...
- I'm back and at 'em, motherfuckers. Last thing I truly remember from two weeks ago, I was watching the election results roll in and they called Wisconsin for Trump. Thus began such a hardcore weeklong celebration bender I totally forgot about showers, the internet, and everyone in my...
- As with many of you, I had the chance to spend some time with relatives over the Thanksgiving holiday. It was average, to be honest. It’s always good to see loved ones, but it is a balance between hectic traveling, rushing to see as many people as possible, and if you live any significant...
- I listen to a lot of podcasts. I've almost always got one on in the background while I'm working (unless I really need to concentrate, in which case I use brain.fm). I'm amazed at how podcasts have taken the place of radio for so many people. With that in mind, I thought you guys...
- I received a message on LinkedIn from someone looking to get into IB a couple weeks back, in which the individual explained his situation and couldn't understand why he isn't seeing progress. The general gist (confidentiality in mind) is that he applied to many jobs through LinkedIn as...
- Following in the footsteps of @Sil"'s recent post ("Want to get me on the phone? Here's how - a networking overview.") l figured that I would share some random musings on networking. 1) Forming Relationships: First and foremost, recognize the networking is actually...
- Mornin' Monkeys, @Eddie Braverman" [recently posted](http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/use-thanksgiving-to-set-2017-goals) how he uses the Thanksgiving weekend to set his goals and provided the community with a few tools for categorizing, qualifying and actualizing annual...
- Leave it to Trump to come up with something really simple. Simple is good! Not that a lot of brackets have ever been a challenge in calculating tax, but we’re going to be going from seven to three. Here is the tax plan, in a nutshell (I hate that phrase): 3 brackets: Less than $75K:...
- Hey WSO, Since this site has been instrumental in helping me break into Consulting from a non-target, I wanted to share my experience with the community. Hopefully this post will be helpful to...
- I know that this topic has been posted on before; but, due to things constantly changing, I figured it would be good to ask again. With the semester about to end, I'm going to have some free time to...
- For all of you monkeys out there, both naughty and nice, what do you have your eye on this holiday season?
- Update: Poll is up! http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/polls/who-is-the-20... Hey all, I'm posting up a poll soon for member of the year, I came up with this list of nominees (sorry if I forgot anyone...
- I'm a BBA undergrad with 3.48 GPA with my major being in business from a top university in India. I've passed one section of the CPA exam (there are four) Audit, with a score of 95 and hope to...
- I have not personally used nootopics (unless you count Adderall in college) but I was wondering if you guys have an opinion.
- Hey guys I was curious to which prop firms hire seniors that aren't STEM or finance majors. I'm a media and communications major, but recently been losing interest in it after seeing the field to be...
- Hey guys, I applied for a PE unpaid internship with MTN Capital Partners LLC through my school and I got an offer. I was wondering if this I should take it or not. I'm trying to get a IB summer job...
- Hello WSO, I have been a long time lurker, and this is my first post (or maybe I am one of the top rated authors who decided to make a post anonymously). I have noticed a certain lack of information...
- Assuming his tax cut plans go through what how would that affect firm valuations and the capital markets?
- I am invited to Nomura superday for HK IBD. It will be my last chance to land an IBD offer. I have interviewed many banks including both New York and Hong Kong offices. I understand technical very...
- Wanted to get an outside opinion on this. I have been actively sending out resumes/interviewing for the past 3 months. I'm in my late 30's, and after spending my first 14 years post-college doing...
- What are your one rep max's on top lifts? Bench: 285 now, trying to get 315 this year Squat:355 Clean:265, want to get 275 min. Dead: 500 @180 Bw
- Why do we use CAPM to calculate cost of equity?? This model is not very intuitive and I'd like to learn more about the rational behind it. Anyone?? Thanks!