What do you see yourself doing in 3 years?
Working in IB
18% (128 votes)
Working in PE
11% (78 votes)
Working in HF
11% (78 votes)
Working in ER
4% (28 votes)
Working in AM
5% (36 votes)
Working in S&T
7% (46 votes)
Working in VC
2% (14 votes)
Working in RE
2% (14 votes)
Big 4 / Accounting
4% (26 votes)
PWM / Investment Advisor
1% (6 votes)
1% (8 votes)
4% (28 votes)
7% (48 votes)
Trading on my own / full-time day trading
1% (9 votes)
In Grad school (MBA, MSF, etc)
9% (63 votes)
2% (12 votes)
Entrepreneur, non-finance related
7% (46 votes)
Other Job (finance-related)
1% (10 votes)
Other Job (non-finance)
2% (15 votes)
Total votes: 693
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): make sure to check out his AMA this Sunday afternoon 3pm et: <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/event/webinar-hedge-fund-investment-pitch-3pm-et-13116">Hedge Fund Investment Pitch</a> I've received a lot of emails from members asking...
- Hi Folks, I posted a thread earlier in the month and there was a lot of interest in techniques and tips for cold contacting investment bankers so I thought I would share what I know. First things first, I'm not an investment banker. I'm a <span...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): I'm posting this under DingDong08's account so he can reap all the silver banana love :-) </em> Winning by an astounding margin (33% of the votes vs 14% ), congratulations to WSO super user <strong>@Dingdong08"</strong> for winning...
- Most of recruiting discussion here are for SA/ANL, and I realized MBA level recruiting is very different after went through the entire process. So I want to give back to the community and write a short guide about it. Since all these are pretty transparent and will be provided to you in your...
- Hello all, I'm new to this forum but thought I'd kick things off by trying to offer any advice I can on aspiring b-school applicants preparing for the fall 2016-17 application cycle. <h3>Background</h3> I did consulting at a boutique for several years, was dinged w no...
- <EM>Quick Background: STEM Undergrad, public tech co, Canadian MBA, Big Five Canadian <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-dictionary/what-is-investment-banking-division-IBD">IBD</a></span>, now NYC <span...
- Let's talk about the 2015 - 2016 year bonus. Please list the firm, level, salary, bonus using the following format: <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/company/jpmorgan-chase">JPM</a></span>, S&T, A0, 150k...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-jobs">right here</a>), we would also create a WSO Applicant...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): #TBT Throwback Thursday - this was originally posted on 9/15/13. To see all of our top content from the past, click <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/highest-ranked-discussions">here.</a></em> Jason Nazar, a contributing writer for...
- As a lot of people ask about these things then I thought I'd make an AMA: I work in London and I made that much sought after career jump that started in Big Four audit and ended up in IB (Debt Capital Markets) at a boutique with a stopover at Big Four CF in between. If you have any...
- WSO is now accepting applications to be a Campus Rep at your university for the second semester of the 2015-16 school year. We currently have 52 reps signed up but would love to add 15-20 more. We...
- Our mission: To create successful business relationships built on trust. This requires providing you with not only inexpensive solutions, but high quality marketing campaigns as well. To achieve...
- (Site testers will receive compensation via paypal and one month free access to our job board or video library) Hey all, we're looking for someone to help us test the site every other Wednesday,...
- Just came across this recently,http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mgm-resort... Does anybody know if the office is still open? I was under the impression that only two MDs work out that office.
- Big Announcement: WSO Private Equity Official Resume Template for Experienced Professionals with Deal Experience is Now Public!: Click here for the free investment banking resume template for...
- I was wondering if anyone knew anything about a research shop called New Constructs. It's a very small firm based out of Nashville, TN. I've scoured the web and this forum and can't find much about...
- Several investment banks are currently either laying off people and/or freezing hires. From this point of view, what firm should I aim for when looking for an analyst position in corpfin?
- Let's say everything in your mind was erased and you had to quickly get all your information back, what book would be our go-to?
- As a lot of people ask about these things then I thought I'd make an AMA: I work in London and I made that much sought after career jump that started in Big Four audit and ended up in IB (Debt...
- Hello, This is my first post on here because this is the first time I really cannot find the answer to my question online. I am a sophomore at a non-target right now, and I am planning on doing the...
- Is it still relatively the same path (i.e., MBA, etc)?
- Industry News Schlumber-Cameron merger receives green light from EU SLB and CAM have received unconditional approval from the European Commission to proceed with their proposed merger following a...
- Hi, was curious if anyone knows anything about this group, the description is below, it is technically a group in IB but was wondering if anyone knows more about the group. Description The analyst...
- Have you guys ever had a bad feeling about a (seemingly) good deal? Like, a nagging or gnawing feeling that this seems to be going too smoothly...The buy-side guys are being enthusiastic and super...
- Anyone have up-to-date info on Centerview Partners? Comp, culture, lifestyle, etc? Friend of mine still in college was asking me, but my information might be dated. I knew someone who worked there up...
Who do you want to win the superbowl?
Total votes: 231