What do you see yourself doing in 3 years?
Working in IB
18% (128 votes)
Working in PE
11% (78 votes)
Working in HF
11% (78 votes)
Working in ER
4% (28 votes)
Working in AM
5% (36 votes)
Working in S&T
7% (46 votes)
Working in VC
2% (14 votes)
Working in RE
2% (14 votes)
Big 4 / Accounting
4% (26 votes)
PWM / Investment Advisor
1% (6 votes)
1% (8 votes)
4% (28 votes)
7% (48 votes)
Trading on my own / full-time day trading
1% (9 votes)
In Grad school (MBA, MSF, etc)
9% (63 votes)
2% (12 votes)
Entrepreneur, non-finance related
7% (46 votes)
Other Job (finance-related)
1% (10 votes)
Other Job (non-finance)
2% (15 votes)
Total votes: 693
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): #TBT Throwback Thursday - this is the 2011 Finance-forum post of the year (from Jan 28, 2011). Thanks @Marcus_Halberstram" for a great post!</em> Since it is recruiting season, Im posting a multi-part series on how the whole process works to help the...
- It's that time of year again, folks. Time to polish those resumes, fire up the LinkedIn and WSO search functions, and bug the hell out of the career advisers at your schools. It's recruiting time! We are all looking for information on timelines and deadlines for every bank...
- <strong>Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!</strong>: <em>Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a <span class='keyword_link'><a...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): WSO readers qualify for a $100 discount to Jared's Daily Dirtnap daily market newsletter...just email [email protected] and mention "WSO Monkey Discount" You can follow Jared on twitter at @dailydirtnap. </em> Things are okay now, but I got...
- <EM>Inspired by the <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/why-you-arent-getting-offers">"Why YOU Aren't Getting Offers"</a> repost for #TBT.</EM> I just participated in a series of interviews and I was sincerely disappointed. I was...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-jobs">right here</a>), we would also create a WSO Applicant...
- WSO is now accepting applications to be a Campus Rep at your university for the 2015-16 school year. We currently have 42 reps signed up but would love to add 20-30 more. We are looking for motivated students with a solid work ethic and strong presentation/communication skills who are...
- Again take everything I say with a grain of salt... <h3>1) Are we happy yet value investors? </h3> A while ago, I was once asked if I was happy. It was a weird question since I'm generally a happy person but this investor thought I wasn't expressing an appropriate...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): This post by @SSits" is a comment originally posted in this thread <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/blog/karoshi-death-from-overwork-on-wall-street#comment-1292989">"Karōshi": Death from Overwork on Wall Street"</a> and...
- I'm currently an analyst at an industry focused boutique located in the NY area(throwaway account to protect identity). At the risk of being screamed at for having no prestige, I'd like to answer people's questions on life at a leading boutique covering a specific industry....
- We are looking to add several Resume Reviewers to the WSO Resume Review team. Requirements: At least 1 year of professional experience in Investment Banking or other financial field, IB and/or PE...
- See subject!
- Hello WSO! Long-time lurker, first-time poster. Just thought I'd do a quick introduction as I've gained a lot of useful (and entertaining) knowledge from the forums so thought I should start...
- I recently attended the Fear to Freedom seminar. I knew I would come out out it gaining a lot of knowledge but what I left with was FAR more than that. I walked out of those doors with POWER! Because...
- So I'm a CS major who is a senior at a Big 10 school who just got an offer for a software engineering job at Apple and I'm flying out to Google next week. I've got a 3.55 GPA and I'm pretty sure that...
- For anyone who is shifting offshore, it's likely you have to always be questioning whether you need to send your vehicle as well as not really. You will need to remember to consider a couple of...
- It's that time of year again, folks. Time to polish those resumes, fire up the LinkedIn and WSO search functions, and bug the hell out of the career advisers at your schools. It's recruiting time!...
- Hey Monkeys, China may have been getting the most press over the past few weeks, but Canada isn't doing too well either. Here is a quote from the Financial Post: Canada counts for 19 per cent of...
- So I have a decision to make that's going to have to be made soon: either apply to Emory ED or Northwestern ED. I want to go into investment banking, preferably in the North somewhere(Chicago or NYC...
- I'm a rising senior at a target school and will be applying to FT management consulting positions at top and mid-tier firms. I'm not sure that my GPA is high enough for some firms, but I'll give them...
- At this moment, I plan to apply ED1 to Stern because I love the school, and I think I'm a perfect match for it stats-wise, EC-wise, and generally, just interest wise. There is no doubt in my mind...
- Hello everyone, I'm a second year economics student at the university of Nottingham in the UK and I'm looking to break into M&A. I didnt manage to get a SW but I am current applying for summer...
- Hey monkeys, I've read up on this subject in some older threads and was curious as to what the consensus was on the forum regarding this now. Are you folks still using one phone for work and one...
- Hi guys, Having interned in M&A this summer, I now have an FT offer to go back. The offer is from one of the most sought after M&A teams on the street. Now as I finally have the choice to...
2015 Interns - how would you describe your summer internship experience?
Love it, exactly what I hoped for
Really tough, but good experience
Going OK, could be better could be worse
Too easy, spend all day on WSO and Reddit
Very boring/not learning anything, when does it end?
Horrible, I'm even considering switching career paths
N/A - not an intern
Total votes: 488