LZR/EVR/PJT/CTW/PWP/ROT 2022 Ranking in London/NY ?

Hi everyone

I'm from a top tier European school, and I want to join a top boutique in NY but I need to start in London

Where do you think I should start ? In terms of deal flow, prestige, work culture, comps, exit ?

I heard a lot about Rothschild very strong in France but not in the UK or US, or Evercore very strong in the US but not really implemented in the UK ? Or Centerview not a big deal flow but large comps ? And what about Perella and PJT ?

Any comments or thoughts will be really appreciated !!!! 

Thanks a lot

Most Helpful

Boutiques a lot weaker in London than NYC with Lazard and Rothschild being exceptions. Roths London is no1 in deal volume (altho they're MM deals) and is v prestigious in London. Not ideal to go from London Roths to NYC Roths as they're a bank that hasn't really cracked the US.

Similar story w Lazard, strong Rx exits there too I've heard but there USA presence is still very very strong, it might be better than London for relative deal flow/exit opps (idk tbh) but other boutiques become more noticeable here too.

Just in case this helps - Rothschild is extremely strong in Middle East and Asia, specially India. They have a very strong team with incredible exits.

What's ROT? Rottweiler?

Rothschild is only strong in Europe and UK. It's highly regarded in UK and is definitely an EB there. Very high deal flow although also a lot of MM deals. In US, they're pretty lacking in presence tho. But probably Roth is the only non-EB boutique in US that still enjoys some prestige and recognition thanks to its name.

I work at one of Laz/PJT/HL and my staffer always mentions the other two so I think it's fair to say they are very similar

In terms of deal flow and deal quality in US, what is Roths comparable to?

Roth > Laz > all the others 

Following teams are #1 by deal flow/ prestige in EMEA at Roth

1) Real Estate

2) Consumer

3) P&U

There’s a few more but Roth is unbeatable in EMEA amongst boutiques.

source - currently an associate at a BB in London lateralling to a boutique

I don’t want to spend anytime further arguing with some angry RTH or BB associates who shit on PWP/PJT london, but I just want to highlight that RTH and LAZ have a different business model from all the other EBs. They do not have an EMEA HQ, just many local offices, which means if you go to RTH LDN, you will work on UK deals only, RTH Paris you will do France deals only, etc. same for LAZ. Additionally, RTH (and LAZ too, even if less) do mostly MM, in some local offices I saw RTH pitching for €10m sell side mandates. Laz and RTH are great and established shops, winning loads of mandates, but have a way different structure vs other EBs (they have almost thousands of bankers in europe). JUST TO BE CLEAR, I’M NOT SAYING IT’S BAD BUT IT’S A DIFFERENT CONCEPT OF EB VS CVP/PJT/EVR WHERE YOU DO MOSTLY LARGE CAP MANDATES.

Aut quia qui ut perferendis. Facere consequatur molestiae sapiente ducimus. Corrupti in accusamus ea quae reprehenderit. Voluptatem minima sunt nemo aspernatur repudiandae est. Est laborum aut eos nulla. Hic et quam sed rerum voluptatem. Dolor ut et sint in non. Dignissimos veritatis doloremque sed rerum.

Quos repellat et aliquid quidem dolorem nisi. Cum nihil quaerat est ipsa eum aut. Molestiae et non dolorem dolorum sed provident pariatur. Voluptatem quo voluptas consequatur voluptatibus voluptates quae dolor. Nisi nesciunt rem aliquid est similique fugiat aliquid omnis. Dolor sapiente consequatur voluptas odio porro dolorem quia.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (88) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”