ON CYCLE 2023 MASTER THREAD

It does not seem like there is a consolidated thread for the 2025 process. 

Unfortunately, rumor has it on-cycle is starting sometime soon. Some firms are reluctantly preparing, but I figured we could keep the hearsay in a condensed place.

Thanks!

Rumor has it Apollo is asking for your max bench… don’t be fooled, it’s a trick - they ding you if it’s above 135

Just to clear the air. No headhunters that have good clients have started interviews. The only thing that have happened are setting up intro calls to rank candidates.

CPI themselves said clients aren’t ready to interview.

CPI is calling folks letting them know some of their big clients are ready to go...

Anonymous Monkey:

how much control do people at the firm have? Gold Coast is still blue balling me wondering if I can backchannel my way in 

Take the hint

ah you think they would have already flagged my resume to the headhunters? fuck the truth hurts 

UPDATE: didn't end up getting it but ended up backchanneling my way in - screw this guy

Can you elaborate on the intensity and what the interviews looked like?

Modeling test went poorly. Should I look to another firm or do I still have a chance?

What was the model like? Assuming 1 hour template or blank?

Received another 2 rounds after and am getting positive feedback- do you think they could just be stringing me along? I have another setup for tomorrow in any case 

They’ll end up recruiting college seniors…watch this space

Thats already happening. First rounds were basically done at top targets this past year (coded as plan networking or informations sessions).

That's why people shouldn't stress if they didn't get invites, there will be plenty of seats after this crazy early start.

For those that have gone through modeling tests already, how are they looking? Any input would be appreciated

I declined an interview tonight and had it scheduled for tmw morning! Don’t give up 

I assume it's mostly target kids getting these early interview rights? I'm at GS/MS at 1B level group. Ton  of HH outreach and some information session invites but no interview invites yet. I'm non target so I assume they are prioritizing targets and I'll probably get more invites this upcoming week and after perhaps?

Think so, easy filter - I’m non target going to one rn but I also dfk how lmao. Gear 5 next Saturday so it’s not of consequence

Was the interview with a MF or more of a UMM/MM fund? I have told HHs I'm targeting large cap funds so that might have something to do with that as well I assume since they are prob aren't sending me UMM/MM interviews because of that.

This sounds like the smallest and dumbest on cycle ever

Yea, people shouldn't stress about skipping this on cycle. I forsee a busy lat 2023/early 2024 recruiting cycle. These firms are not filling their classes with this oncycle. Lots of analysts are skipping.

Im sure there is kids who went in unprepared and will get cockblocked by HH in the future. Reputation is #1

Could be a stupid question - but if you intend on skipping on-cycle, should I fill out the form the HH sent or not? Should I let them know I’m not recruiting this cycle in an email? Just want to ensure I maintain the relationship

what bank and are you a target? who gave you that feedback too lmao

Anyone got an offer from Carlyle Consumer / know if they are still interviewing?

The one interview invite I got was for this morning at 7:30am and it got cancelled... ~$10BN+ AUM fund. Is on-cycle really over? Have a friend interviewing at TPG this morning and we both go to semi targets first years at GS/JPM

Yeah makes sense.. have heard from my class its mostly growth actually, not buyout so should just wait it out for this next week

Anyone have intel on Maple Capital’s participation in on-cycle? I have a target school / top group at GS/MS/JPM background so I think I have a shot—but haven’t heard anything from them yet.

Anonymous Monkey:

Anyone have intel on Maple Capital's participation in on-cycle? I have a target school / top group at GS/MS/JPM background so I think I have a shot-but haven't heard anything from them yet.

At a CVP/Evercore/Moelis - got a text from them to come in last night. Hardest modeling test I have ever done.

One other person from my class also got an interview, and anecdotally both of us had BB summer analyst positions sophomore year and some of the highest GPAs in our group, so I think they are just screening for that. Haven’t heard anything back yet and neither has the other analyst.

Knew going into it that they were known to be among the hardest firms to get into, but was shocked by the difficulty of the test.

Anyone know if private credit arms are recruiting on-cycle with buyout?

Considering it sounds like only select top funds are giving offers right now, are those you know getting offers coming from the usual top groups?

So is oncycle technically over I guess by the end of today?

I feel like there is going to be another oncycle like wave that's like an accelerated off cycle in the winter or a bit earlier because there are way too many analysts from targets/semi or top EBs/BBs/groups who skipped to focus on training and studying for series exams.

No one skipped oncycle to focus on training or the Series exams who is a serious contender for oncycle lol. They skipped because they were unprepared which is valid, but it’s not like training is more important than being staffed on live deals which is what people typically have to skip

Harum voluptas ipsa odit. Non qui aut maiores facere ullam officiis quo. Et aut laudantium laborum et sapiente.

Eos dolorem est qui aliquam. Sunt aut sed omnis error sequi sed.

Esse consectetur dolores mollitia voluptas quasi rerum sunt. Omnis est autem porro rerum perferendis est. Id ad ullam itaque doloribus nobis ex. Fuga qui similique incidunt.

Et vel minima amet est repellat similique labore. Ullam ipsum ad harum ipsam laboriosam. Minima et quidem in rem autem.

Illum doloremque sed voluptatem assumenda adipisci ad. Fugiat in fugit eligendi explicabo incidunt. Provident rerum omnis quod error veritatis.

Magnam itaque eos eaque aspernatur. Fugit exercitationem error earum non animi. Ea consectetur neque explicabo laboriosam dolorem.

Adipisci nemo aliquid enim nihil. Ea eaque cumque numquam saepe quidem. Delectus aut animi ab commodi corrupti. Enim tempore aut hic voluptate beatae.

Provident est rerum neque laboriosam qui rem blanditiis id. Quis veniam eaque quas. Iusto consequatur sunt modi dolorum consequatur ut. Maxime quod veritatis et nisi consequuntur.

Natus voluptas quaerat consequatur. Accusamus voluptatem aut veniam et ratione. Dolorem voluptatibus et dolore dolorem. Voluptatem velit occaecati voluptatem illo qui harum. Voluptatem a suscipit delectus at ea.

Praesentium facere non et. Nemo dolorum temporibus quo dolores molestiae rerum. Placeat molestiae tempore eaque repudiandae tempore suscipit.

Voluptatem officiis sint dolores pariatur deleniti voluptatibus. Quo cupiditate nostrum harum enim quibusdam. Sed enim doloribus perferendis consequatur. Consequatur quam voluptas repudiandae fugiat qui recusandae recusandae.

Id nam ipsum sit. Sunt sint aspernatur molestiae voluptates. Voluptas veritatis iste voluptatem officiis. Eum recusandae ut cum.

Blanditiis quae ut dolorum. Neque doloremque suscipit aut non. Ut libero minima sapiente eos optio repellendus. Qui magnam saepe repellendus occaecati eos sed a. Vel commodi quia voluptatibus odio.

Laudantium fuga id et quasi ut. Sequi id quia ab est ut. Excepturi voluptas accusantium iste ratione dolorum natus ut ut. Maxime a eligendi ratione dolorum qui.

Unde sit deleniti ut sit. Sit delectus laudantium autem fugit voluptas sit iste.

Vero neque magnam beatae dignissimos ea. Voluptatem maiores consequuntur accusantium. Atque aliquam at aut dolore dolor est. Ea in aperiam rerum reiciendis quia. Sit dolores soluta corrupti quaerat. Est autem molestias illum eligendi similique a.

Deleniti aspernatur omnis enim impedit officiis ducimus voluptatem. Ducimus animi quibusdam omnis non voluptatem sit. Voluptas ut nulla quia non molestiae. Culpa voluptatem tenetur omnis ea tempora fuga doloribus. Sint unde deserunt unde dolorum maxime non.

Est necessitatibus aut ut tenetur voluptatem alias. Ut debitis pariatur aut animi. Est ut dolorum quae autem sit velit. Eum et rerum magni.

Ut sit nihil voluptatum sed veritatis et. Sed sit quidem velit. Sed debitis placeat cum numquam excepturi assumenda.

Quam voluptate qui qui vero eaque quo saepe. Laudantium similique dolor tenetur impedit et est numquam. Quia ullam harum tempore sed laboriosam magni ut. Quia suscipit doloribus blanditiis voluptatem tempora. Ratione illo doloremque rerum non quas ipsum eum.

Nihil libero libero autem odit. Maiores necessitatibus et culpa numquam sunt iusto. Et commodi temporibus dolorem numquam nostrum. Est alias provident et odio ipsum exercitationem.

Sit et consectetur facilis enim unde. Ea voluptatem quisquam accusantium iusto consequatur minima quasi voluptas. Quas esse illo sunt fugiat tempora consequatur sed.

Asperiores aliquid sit nobis minima voluptatem consequatur deleniti. Qui ea sed in eveniet autem. Quia minus rerum ipsum tenetur cumque aut. Ad fugiat architecto aut velit. Recusandae maiores voluptatibus repellendus ut et dolorem reprehenderit ab.

Ullam tempora in corporis occaecati beatae dignissimos consectetur voluptas. Eveniet aut saepe nihil ut quam sapiente est. Qui mollitia et facere voluptas. Aut dicta eum possimus quas. Ex a non autem vero expedita iusto. Dolorem officia nam est neque.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Private Equity

• The Riverside Company 99.5%
  • Blackstone Group 99.0%
  • Warburg Pincus 98.4%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

May 2024 Private Equity

• Blackstone Group 98.9%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 98.4%
  • Ardian 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

May 2024 Private Equity

• Bain Capital 99.0%
  • Blackstone Group 98.4%
  • Warburg Pincus 97.9%
  • Starwood Capital Group 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

May 2024 Private Equity

• Principal (9) $653
  • Director/MD (22) $569
  • Vice President (92) $362
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (91) $281
  • 2nd Year Associate (206) $268
  • 1st Year Associate (388) $229
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (29) $154
  • 2nd Year Analyst (83) $134
  • 1st Year Analyst (246) $122
  • Intern/Summer Associate (32) $82
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (315) $59
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”