Best Response

A few thoughts:

-Get rid of technical skills section. The best case scenario is that they don't ask you many questions concerning excel and think that you've used the program before. The worst case scenario is that they drill you and you look dumb -I would get rid of some of the "working out" and "meeting new people" part of your interests and instead go into a little more detail about the others -I would be cautious of being super specific about SPR being the company you pitched. While I have no problem with you putting it on your resume, you might get drilled about it. I never put specific companies and only ever put the valuation methods I was familiar with (i.e. DCF, comps, DDM). They might ask you and drill you anyways, but it lowers the chances--and there will always be things you don't know about the company. Basically, don't be specific if you aren't confident. If you are confident be prepared. -I don't like how the M&I template doesn't separate WE and Leadership. I would consider creating separate sections--the WSO template does this. You can also just modify the M&I template to do it.

Well basically what I did was troubleshoot household electronics like printers, fax, surround sound, software issues, pc cleanup, taught people how to use things they bought, set up wireless networks, fixed wireless network issues and things alike. It was a part time thing I was doing on the side just to make some extra cash. People loved it and still are calling me now which is starting to bug me because I really don't have time for it anymore.

Looks a lot better, I appreciate you being responsive to advice. I feel like a lot of people just mindlessly defend what they have, which sort of defeats the point of posting here.

Anyways, further comments: -Intuitively, your second position is much more entrepreneurial and impressive then the third, and so should be longer. to that end, I would expand upon the business side of being a founder/ceo. How did much revenue (if over $1000 or so, it's impressive, at least to me, others may be able to provide better insight)? How did you expand the business? Contact new clients? -If you're not doing it anymore, I wouldn't put to present. As someone mentioned in the last thread that can demonstrate split focus, although I think your resume shows ambition and drive already -How were your undergrad test scores? Depending on where you're applying, they can be impressive/helpful -Do you have any certifications? That can help minorly and make the bottom of the resume less barren -Any awards? they can help too -Any major GPA? 3.6 isn't bad or anything, but a high major can help even more. I know you're young though

1. I agree it would be a good idea to lengthen it. I probably made about $1500 cash last summer. And I am doing it on the side whenever I can find time ( Went to someones house at 9 am yesterday to set up wireless extender). What I did to gain business is spread to word through family and friends, created a flyer which I could send out in mailboxes or put in store fronts which had cork boards or something alike.
  2. As for the test scores I wasn't all that focused as a high school student.. I got a mediocre 24 on the ACT without really applying myself. Never took the SAT
  3. As for the certifications I was thinking about doing the Bloomberg certification after my summer classes finish up next week. Would that be beneficial? If not.. What certifications would be.
  4. My major GPA is not much different due to the fact that I haven't taken very many classes that are in my major. Once I do my fall semester I will update it but at the same time I may not even need it because hopefully I will be well into recruiting/

Also, I am unsure if I like the separation of leadership and the rest of my work experience. Do you really think it looks much better?

Concerning the WE/Leadership split: I think it looks a little odd, but without the separation, I think the resume gets a little confusing. You may be an exception since you have far more work experience than leadership. Remember, though, that I'm only one datapoint. I had many, many people offer advice. Often it was conflicting/nitpicky but with many people, you get an idea of what's generally preferred

Certifications: BIWS/WSP/FactSet (Dealmaven) offer certifications that I think help a lot. While some people say "everyone" does them they add seriousness to your resume. Also, I think the Bloomberg Certification is good for the amount of time it take (less than a day and it just adds a line)

edit: I understand you may not be able to afford those training programs which is fine. If you can I think they are worth the money, but if you can't you can't

Id sed id quia laborum molestiae. Optio totam iusto facilis dolores sit architecto. Atque a magni quidem. Ut pariatur provident aspernatur mollitia modi nam. Et est omnis deleniti deleniti. Dolor est quae sapiente odit. Reiciendis accusantium quia eaque consequatur rerum magni exercitationem.

Qui dolorem aut beatae nulla culpa deserunt. Et eum adipisci dolore blanditiis qui enim voluptatem. Voluptas officiis est expedita voluptatem sed. Officiis architecto occaecati excepturi possimus consequuntur aut. Quia pariatur consectetur nemo laudantium assumenda assumenda dolore. Neque placeat hic saepe molestiae enim. Aut quis dolore quis ipsam quo in officia.

Sit soluta qui nisi velit dolor. Et ut neque et qui dolorum.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (88) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”