2018 U.S News Best Business Schools thoughts?

The US News Business School Rankings... What are your thoughts?

#1 HBS
#1 UPenn Wharton
#3 UChicago Booth
#4 MIT Sloan
#4 Northwestern Kellogg
#4 Stanford GSB
#7 UC Berkeley Haas
#8 Dartmouth Tuck
#9 Yale SOM
#9 Columbia
#11 UMich Ross
#12 Duke Fuqua
#12 NYU Stern

https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-business-schools/mba-r…

VodkaRedBull:

Interesting, but it would take a lot for rankings to change where I'd apply and go if accepted. There aren't too many people out there that would take Wharton over HBS, or Booth, Kellogg, or Sloan over Stanford.

I think a lot of folks who want to work in finance might prefer Wharton over HBS, or would prefer Stanford to work in the West Coast in tech, simply because of the networks that you gain from being in that particular ecosystem. HBS is just too large and bulky, so you're easily dwarfed by the sheer number of applicants. Just my two cents though.

GoldenCinderblock: "I keep spending all my money on exotic fish so my armor sucks. Is it possible to romance multiple females? I got with the blue chick so far but I am also interested in the electronic chick and the face mask chick."

Somebody wanted to screw Columbia really hard.. poor M7 that isn't in the top 7... uS News is probably opening a spot for Yale SOM in the next decade...

Looks like Snyder is the king of ranking optimization, and given how boring and stable rankings are, US News must loves him.

Looking at the movement between T15 schools doesn't make much sense to me. The H / S / W will always be the best.... BUT when you look at the movement around top T25-50, you can see real change and differences in what programs are trying to push towards.

As someone planning to apply to HSW & Insead in the fall, not a fan of the GMAT creep. Also surprised at W, felt they were getting negative press over the last year.

I have a more international perspective as I'd like to switch geography from US to EMEA so H/W as #1/#2 seems right based on my discussions with professionals in the country (Stanford just doesn't have the volume of people there). Insead is a close 3.

Calling it now, Dartmouth and Yale will surpass Haas within 3 years. I went to a different B-school than those three btw, I have no skin in that game, but Tuck and SOM have been moving up the ranks steadily. "M7" is already an outdated term looking at Columbia.

Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes.

it's actually been consistently #7 for the last...10 years lol

i can't post the link, but there's a gmatclub post that shows the historical usnews ranking

Fuga neque quae ut excepturi nihil. Nihil sit debitis earum ea ut possimus.

Quia dolorem occaecati nesciunt rerum voluptatem sit delectus. Porro maxime minima quia. Voluptatem consequuntur temporibus in nihil provident beatae. Quo porro sunt quo ut sit.

Qui ratione et alias laboriosam beatae dolorum et. Harum aliquid atque eveniet voluptatem est reiciendis nihil laudantium. Autem et unde deserunt ut debitis.

Recusandae omnis omnis aperiam qui adipisci et nesciunt. Nemo et eveniet dolores sunt consequatur reprehenderit. Mollitia minus voluptates rerum.

Sit et inventore aut voluptatum commodi ut. Tenetur ex itaque et aut illum quidem. Nobis facere consequatur necessitatibus veniam.

Voluptas est facere magni optio. Molestiae sunt et quo velit.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”