• Sharebar

I was interested in getting everyone's view on what you think were the most memorable/best/funniest/worse/most shocking moments of 2009. This does not have to be related to banking or finance or the business world (it can be related to anything). I figured this could be an interesting forum.

So here we go: most shocking moment - the death of Michael Jackson

The WSO Advantage - Land Your Dream Job

Financial Modeling Training

IB Templates, M&A, LBO, Valuation. Learn More.

Wall St. Interview Secrets Revealed

30,000+ sold & REAL questions. Learn More.

Resume Help from Finance Pros

Land More Interviews. Learn More.

Find Your Mentor

Realistic Mock Interviews. Learn More.

Comments (10)

• Banker88's picture

The house passing the healthcare bill (worst moment).

• In reply to Banker88
    Boutique Banking's picture

banker88:
    The house passing the healthcare bill (worst moment).

I would like to piggy-back your statement....The inauguration of Obama- Worst

• Banker88's picture

bd78:
    definitely a naive question but..

why don't you like obama

I don't like the democratic or republic parties - they're both corrupt as fuck and really are just two sides of the same coin. Both parties as far as I can remember keep taking away your rights, expanding government power, increasing the national debt, and bullshitting through every election.

Obama is particularly bad only because the American people think he is a savior and therefore they trust his every move, even when he outright lies (i.e. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LsSppYxSHk). Look at all the bills he is trying to push through (healthcare, cap and trade, bailouts, etc.). They are all massive bills that expand government power. He has increased the deficit to an all-time high, yet he promises not to raise taxes... and he accepted a nobel peace prize, while sending more troops to Afghanistan. The guy is a fucking joke. I hope American wake up by 2012 and stop voting for these cronies in both parties.

• MMBinNC's picture

To unlock this content for free, please login / register below.

Connecting helps us build a vibrant community. We'll never share your info without your permission. Sign up with email or if you are already a member, login here Bonus: Also get 6 free financial modeling lessons for free ($200+ value) when you register!

Reality hits you hard, bro...