2018 *Elite Boutique* Summer Analyst IB Recruiting Timeline Megathread Page

Post updates on interview notifications, first rounders, and super days here.

Evercore
Lazard
Centerview
Moelis
Perella Weinberg Partners
PJT
Greenhill
Guggenheim
Houlihan Lokey
Rothschild
Jefferies

Ranking of the Elite Boutiques- from a Head Hunter (former-gobuyside)

TOP BUCKET: First initial emails for mega fund recruiting goes to... 1: PJT, GS, Evercore, MS, Lazard, Moelis

MID TOP BUCKET: IF above doesn't get response then it will flow down to...

2: JPM, Centerview, Greenhill, Perella Weinberg Partners, Top BB groups* like Barclays Natural Resources and CS lev fin, CS Sponsors, Citi m&a

2.5: CS, BAML __________________________top candidates are above_________ 3: Barclays 3.5: DB, Citi 4: UBS, Jefferies, Houlihan ________________________Mega fund cut line*________________ Low - Instructed by mega funds to not even be considered.. 5: Wells, BMO, BNP, RBC, RBS, GUGGEN, Baird

*Excluding top groups ofcourse.

Appreciate the updates for PJT/Centerview -- going a bit further, do you know what's the process for Centerview? I had a phone screen but not sure what the broader timeline looks like, my screener said one of their bankers would reach out within a week for another phone screen, but no more info other than that

I go to a top target Undergrad B-School in the South and I have a superday Monday for EVR diversity SA. Not sure if they are done giving out Superdays, if you haven't heard back maybe you are still being considered. However, I do know a few kids that also heard back.

Just made an account and can't send PM's yet. You generally need an offer in hand and during the two week period in which you have to decide, you can reach out to close personal contacts asking to be considered. I will say that you have to be super careful, because if it's something that isn't impressive you may blow your chance with the bank as they'll be like what is this shit.

i don't go to a non-target, I go to an undergrad b-school in the south (think Ross, Stern, McIntire). I had a first round with Greenhill I accelerated using another offer. I think they had a super low-key early deadline at my school for accelerated.

Is Evercore even open? The website only mentions diversity programs...

They're coming to my campus for an information session at the end of September but it seems weird that I could not apply before then.

thecoolkid1234:
Open mid September I believe for targets

If my university is not a traditional 'target' but has an information session with Evercore (no resume drop though), what does that imply? The fact that they'd come to campus must mean they're interested, but it's weird that they wouldn't have a school-specific application center.

Quis tempore eveniet perspiciatis odit molestiae eligendi eligendi et. Quibusdam quasi qui impedit sint aut. Dolorem quis ullam quod nihil rerum.

Aut doloremque est eum necessitatibus at. Minus reprehenderit et qui veritatis dolor perferendis quia. Omnis cum voluptatibus quos facere. Vero consequuntur omnis tempora consequuntur qui.

Vero molestias nihil reprehenderit eum nostrum omnis. Assumenda ipsam totam est exercitationem voluptatem quia. Nihil et modi eos nostrum. Error et praesentium velit voluptas unde aliquam quis. Enim non ad non sint minus vel assumenda. Laborum dolores quia sit occaecati. Inventore eum dolores asperiores cumque.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
bolo up's picture
bolo up
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”