Bob Diamond Has The Home Phone Numbers Of 100,000 Kids Who Will Gladly Take Your Job For Half The Pay…Something To Keep In Mind

Assuming lots of you saw this already on Dealbreaker, but I thought it would be worth a discussion here. With such an oversupply of talent, it does seem logical to assume bonuses will be coming down in future years.

“We’re entering the year-end process of compensation reviews. I think it’s an open discussion during the year of how businesses and how individuals perform and now we’re just trying to execute on the balance that we all try and strike between being responsible and being competitive. I think people get it. I think industry compensation is down this year because the performance in the industry is down. So I think they get it…I think if we weren’t treating [top producers] fairly we would look at it objectively and try and get to the underlying causes, but I think everyone has a decision to make about what industry they want to work in or what firm they want to work for… Not everyone wants to be in this industry. But I’ll give you a statistic that is important. Last year, we had applications from 107,000 kids at university, of which we had positions for 1,500. So there’s still a lot of people who want to come into the financial services industry.”

http://dealbreaker.com/2012/01/bob-diamond-has-th…

McDonalds gets a shit load of applications also. Not like everyone applying is qualified or committed. Yeah, people will do your job if you quit, but if comp drops too low people will opt for other things instead. No way in hell I am working 100 hours a week for 50K all in.

ANT:
McDonalds gets a shit load of applications also. Not like everyone applying is qualified or committed. Yeah, people will do your job if you quit, but if comp drops too low people will opt for other things instead. No way in hell I am working 100 hours a week for 50K all in.

That's true...part of the reason banks pay so high is because of the lousy lifestyle associated with the job.

It's a tradeoff.

moneymogul:
These Wall Street CEOs are getting a little too bold in my opinion.

I completely agree. The hypocritical moralism of this and Gorman yesterday was ridiculous.

Where do they get off being righteous about lowering comp when they make 10 mil a year?

Deleniti minima dolor qui sint explicabo. Consequatur illo alias est assumenda eveniet. Et veniam nisi quae vero voluptas error. Cupiditate neque nostrum qui quaerat.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”