I'm about to graduate from a non-target with a lower GPA (3.4) and a good amount of internship experience. I've been networking since earlier this year, was able to get about 20 or so informational interviews, about 10 first rounds, and a few superdays. I've found that anyone who really got a hold of my resume was willing to at least speak over the phone.
That being said, I currently have an offer outstanding (not exactly what I was looking for) in investment manager consulting, mainly for larger pensions (PE, HF manager research). I originally set my sights on banking or ER, and still have a few interviews in the coming weeks (although in sales desks). But, of all the interviews I've been on and the teams I've met, I enjoyed the group that I got the offer from the most and they're also willing to pay for my CFA. My thought process is going to work for them, and try again for banking later, maybe after a CFA or MBA. Then again, I could decline the offer and continue my efforts or try and nail these S&T interviews, understanding that if I do take this job, I will still have an uphill battle.
Question is, do I take my only offer or continue focusing on breaking into banking?