Duke MMS 2014 intake calling all applicants

Has anyone submitted their applications? or get interview invites? or get a decision yet? Please introduce yourself here if you're an applicant or interested in applying and let us all enjoy the application/waiting process together!

I just submitted on the 10th of January round 2.
Undergraduate Major: Biotechnology at Worcester Polytechnic institute
GPA: 3.03
GMAT: 700

Best Response

Talk about the case method, which is huge here and I'm not sure that other masters in management programs use it, talk about team fuqua which is huge. Coming to the MMS you're part of a much bigger community, the Fuqua community, which means not only MBA and PhD students, but also alums and faculty. Everyone is helpful, from alums going hugely out of their way to a prof helping a friend prep for an interview in which they were an expert on the area. Reach out to current students and alums, ask them what they thought was important. I would say the biggest thing is how much they strengthen your soft skills, there is a focus on team work as you noted and we do most work as teams so highlight experiences where you worked in or led a team.

Thanks for the input man, I just got an invite for interview as well. I also applied to Notre Dame's MSB program, and went through the interview stage but got rejected due to careless mistakes in my resume. The questions were pretty standard and they actually asked a few questions focusing on my teamwork experience.

Thanks @guyfromct really appreciate the help. Had the interview yesterday and I think it went pretty well. Much of the conversation centered around my various leadership and team skills, and not so much on my academic abilities. Really seemed interested in finding out more about my journey. Spoke a great deal about the alumni of the school and the help they provide. Will find out in 2 weeks, just wanted to say thanks again for your input and advice.

Best of luck with the admission decision. Good to know it focused more on the leadership abilities. Did you have the interview on campus or via skype?

Thanks. Also, how is the recruiting in the healthcare consulting area for the MMS students? I understand most MMS students go to Banking or other consulting areas not specifically in the healthcare field but I would like to know your opinion on it.

People go into healthcare consulting fairly frequently, we have a bunch of boutiques and mid tier firms that come to recruit. That's in addition to all of the consulting firms that give generalist offers. Fuqua has HSM so a lot of alums are well placed in HC roles. It's very doable, but since relatively few people have the interest it's a path less traveled.

I got an interview in round 2 as well. I am an Indian with a major in electronics engineering from a top school. 730 GMAT.

How many applicants get selected for the interview and how many make it through?

Just done my interview. It was around 40 mins with the last 10 mins for me to ask questions. The interviewer was very nice. Basically he asked about my story, why duke, teamwork example and a lot of behavioral question like how would u approach a situation (example), mostly about ur abilities in teamwork situation. Thank you @guyfromct for the help! It was really helpful!

I had my interview today too. Very behavioral as Aung and vishious have said.

@guyfromct How does the interview figure into the application process? What is the selectivity like? Sorry for the anxiety! :P

@"superShibe" I am sorry to hear that. Being Waitlisted is not that fun either. I wanted to make a decision on whether I should take another internship offer or not based on the decision today but seem like that'll have to wait a little more.

Thanks. Wait listed is difficult as well. I hope you get in though! I'm looking at Santa Clara MSF (10$k scholarship) and waiting to hear from USC MSF and UT Austin MSF, but I think I'll go ahead and pay the deposit at SCU

Thanks! It's good that you already got an offer. I'm still waiting to hear back from Ross and that is going to be another month of waiting. Best of luck with your future endeavors!

Incidunt tenetur dolorum est est ipsa praesentium. Commodi temporibus reprehenderit ex sunt. Est voluptas non et vitae sit voluptas odit quis. Accusantium nulla ratione repellendus laboriosam reiciendis a.

Ipsam voluptas quo odit aut possimus. Molestias saepe ex rem error sit natus. Vitae non perferendis dolores exercitationem. Velit quasi est quo ipsa. Impedit pariatur nesciunt temporibus voluptates.

Temporibus accusantium voluptatem officiis voluptas voluptatem optio. Aut in fugiat exercitationem dolorem et ipsa facere.

Assumenda itaque iusto veniam sunt sed quidem. Pariatur dolorem excepturi corrupti esse. Sed ut aperiam fugiat maxime aut. Dignissimos consequuntur impedit soluta sed sint numquam dicta. Voluptatibus molestiae iusto delectus iure.

Voluptate et ea eveniet unde iure temporibus. Et enim sapiente et rerum. Odit quos ipsa dolore repellendus qui nulla nobis. Quam pariatur consectetur consequatur minima ipsum.

Recusandae ut laudantium vel aut qui optio. Enim ea ea labore. Dolor quae cupiditate qui aut unde quis quia. Illo officiis quasi minima suscipit. Quibusdam cumque non doloribus et et est ut. Temporibus sed dolor perspiciatis cumque.

Asperiores vero illo similique. Consequuntur et accusantium necessitatibus exercitationem aut odio voluptates sed. Excepturi esse rem placeat ipsa error. Ducimus in minus totam eum neque voluptas consequatur quia.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 18 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”