I am a 2nd year MBA student and was dinged in recruiting at final rounds for a full-time position at my top choice firm, but believe I left good impressions over all (interviewers responded to my thank you emails, connected with a few on Linked in after, etc.). Now the recruiting cycle for interns for summer 2013 is starting up, I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on whether seeing if they would take me as a summer intern would make sense. I was thinking:
1) I have shown I can do the job by getting that far, so I have already been screened
2) I showed I was a cultural fit
3) Taking on an intern is low/no risk compared to FT hiring
On the down side:
1) Would sending interviewers/recruiters a letter with the proposal come off as bold or desperate?
2) I know I left things on a good note, would doing this now sour things (and even if it does does that even matter?)
Feedback from you guys would be really helpful!