Hi there, same here for GS HK Securities. I had 2 interviews then a third one and now waiting. From my understanding of HR email we will have an answer around the beginning of January, since they are supposed to conduct interviews until 31 dec, and that Final will be hosted in mid January. Do you know how they conduct the Final Round ? Do they fly you to HK ?!

I was told that they would be flying all US based candidates to NYC for final rounds with employees from Asia. Do you mean that there will be Skype interviews in the NYC office with Asia employees?

Also, does anyone know how the interviews are scored? Like if you score 2/3 or 3/3 in your first rounds, will they move you onto the next round? Or is it based off of feedback only? Regardless of how well you think you did? Anyone have any idea why there are 3 interviewers for first rounds and how they're scored?

Nope..it really depends..some of my friends applied for ST in NYC they said if you to get an offer you will hear back within two days.

Live like an artist and work like an analyst......

GS HK S&T gave out offer 3 days after the last AC last year..

They invite a lot of candidates for final round, but for HK office the intake is like 13 (for securities only), and 26 in total across Asia (for securities only)

GS do keep good candidates on waiting list but won't inform you until like mid February (they may or may not invite you for another interview with a different region).

sunny side up:

Thank you for the colour, Dawg-Nuts! Good to have this info. HR confirmed that majority of offers will be made this week. Good luck everybody. Hang tight!

Hi sunny side up

I've been assuming that I didnt make the cut since I haven't heard back since my superday in NYC last Saturday on the 17th. Could you confirm that offers haven't gone out yet and they're still making decisions? AKA...do I still have some hope to cling on to?

Thanks!

my GS SG status just got changed to rejected... (although it was never "interview scheduled" in the first place).

but my 1st round phone interviews were all out of hk, my final round was physically in SG. HK status still remains at "interview scheduled"... not sure whats going on T.T

any offers today?

I didn't apply to GS s&t. I was interviewing with an european bb for its s&t position... It has been more than a week since the last interview. I did poorly (poor network in video conference) and the HR told me they need time to consolidate results I also know ppl from IBD/ER at that bank received offer a few days after interview... I am really worried about being rejected

Do you guys think we are being waitlisted? Did anyone from your immediate network receive official offers last week?

Per the email, looks like it's just going to be another "update"...

i know this is painful for you guys, but don't stop looking elsewhere. at this point, you're probably either waitlisted or rejected but they haven't yet told you. offers have already been given out.

all the best to everyone out there.

eclipsed, I did. and apparently someone threw monkey shit at me for providing colour and giving insight into the current process so i'm out of here. so much for trying to be helpful and pragmatic...

Harum et et deserunt ipsa quia adipisci voluptatem. Aspernatur animi eos et aspernatur omnis corrupti. Sunt est facere consectetur quas non aut.

Sint commodi ab tenetur harum velit in. Distinctio qui perferendis consequuntur quas dolorem.

Qui dolores ratione ipsam sed reiciendis nulla voluptatem ut. Adipisci nihil accusantium ipsam iste vero a. Labore consequuntur debitis temporibus est accusamus. Voluptatibus odit ex et fugit.

Tempora officia quas exercitationem omnis ullam qui. Quibusdam esse dolores quae. Consequuntur qui sint nostrum voluptas molestiae et enim. Illo distinctio sed eum nesciunt eveniet error enim. Enim ut praesentium alias quia omnis voluptatem. Qui provident ut porro quis sit incidunt. Eius itaque et assumenda et dolorum quia sint.

Quibusdam velit aut quae odit tenetur. Non eum doloribus aut tempora soluta asperiores assumenda. Blanditiis quia odit quibusdam dolores molestiae qui ratione. Et odio voluptatem quos perspiciatis. Voluptatem vel ipsam ea. Esse blanditiis ipsa qui ut officia aut et. Illum possimus quia earum.

Voluptatibus facilis quas modi beatae aut. Sint aut repellat quia eaque qui. Ut quaerat at enim velit autem ab aut.

Amet quam tenetur sed aspernatur facilis sequi a. Enim blanditiis non ut asperiores earum labore. Sit neque libero ad facilis eum. Maiores voluptas recusandae corporis atque aspernatur dolores. Quia rerum repudiandae iste tempore quam. Similique qui voluptatem architecto id quia.

Odio laboriosam aliquam odit ea. Temporibus maiores est laudantium in aut. Rem aut vel natus repudiandae consequatur animi. Voluptatum aut est exercitationem necessitatibus cum soluta. Enim labore itaque sit accusantium.

Omnis consequatur perferendis et ut. Assumenda mollitia eos minima molestiae nemo ad. Dignissimos deleniti sapiente reprehenderit ipsa asperiores.

Ipsa cum accusamus rerum eius. Itaque esse consequuntur corporis praesentium temporibus veniam fuga.

At perspiciatis eos eveniet nihil debitis impedit praesentium. Quibusdam quam sed quisquam nulla odio quidem voluptatem veritatis. Voluptatem illum nostrum voluptatem voluptatem totam aut non ipsa. Perspiciatis aut consequatur rerum. Voluptatem non eum vitae velit. Corporis eligendi sit quos velit id.

Quia et est nihil praesentium hic. Eligendi ipsa et est ducimus temporibus. Laudantium qui numquam perspiciatis eligendi et repellendus libero.

Eaque quos totam asperiores doloremque illum recusandae molestiae. Eveniet autem et officiis odit quia. Unde eveniet magni quaerat. Nostrum sit aliquid est repellendus non. Et adipisci aliquid qui.

Odit iure in est repellendus unde corrupti. Minus aliquam soluta et minus odit eius voluptates. Modi ratione quas minus voluptas qui maxime quam.

In temporibus praesentium cumque natus tempore voluptatem. Ut eligendi sit aspernatur autem rem vel. Ex fugit id aperiam et. Voluptas aut commodi eligendi dolorum qui.

Tempora laboriosam qui sint recusandae corrupti impedit neque. Aut numquam ea atque praesentium voluptatem sed ratione consectetur. Eius vitae sit temporibus in veniam. Fugit et voluptates voluptas reiciendis perspiciatis et nisi.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”